NK: Going the way of Libya? (In Bush's column?)

Sofia

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:14 pm
Saw a small segment on NK a few days ago, stating that Kim Il Jong was making promises (no nuke testing, no production of even their "peaceful" {HAHA} nukes) if Bush would join the six-way talks....

Seems Bush wins again. If I remember correctly, Kim's last negotiation was: (Paraphrasing) "We will nuke you if you don't pay us--and we're not talking to anyone but the US".... Smile

Am I right, or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,475 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:47 pm
no
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:59 pm
I know I speak in infuriating short-hand. Before I ask for an explanation, I'll bring a source, to confirm my facts.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:03 pm
Please do source the "we will nuke you".
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:07 pm
I said I was paraphrasing... He was having nuke parades with his medal-laden houserobe on. He had his jiffy pop hairdo teased especially high.

You know what that means.

<pinky finger poised coyly at corner of smirk>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:28 pm
No. What does it mean?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 08:46 am
Looks like we've been shown the 'bum'.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 08:51 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea said Saturday that it showed its "nuclear deterrent" to an unofficial U.S. delegation that visited the communist country's disputed Yongbyon nuclear facility.

Members of the delegation, which included John W. Lewis, a Stanford University professor emeritus of international relations, said Saturday they saw the nuclear facility but couldn't give details until information about their trip is reported to Washington.

The visit came amid efforts to arrange a new round of six-nation talks on ending a standoff over the North's suspected nuclear weapons program, which Pyongyang says is necessary to defend the country against a possible U.S. invasion.
------
Now that they've shown us theirs, is it playground etiquette to show them ours? :wink:

Is this a surprise to anyone, or just following the progression of these talks?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 08:53 am
Not.

You wouldn't be the first (or last person) to be led on by this delusional Elvis impersonator.

Thanks for sharing, though.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 08:56 am
What is Kim's lie, PDiddie?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:00 am
What is Kim's truth, Sofia?

About the only thing I can believe of what this fellow has ever said on the subject is that he does have the Bomb.

That I believe...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:00 am
I wonder-does NK really have any nukes? Or were they simply looking for a way to get some economic benefit from the US by presenting themselves as having them????
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:01 am
Quote:
North Korea and United States sign nuclear agreement in Geneva. Under the Agreed Framework, North Korea pledges to freeze and eventually dismantle its nuclear weapons program in exchange for international aid to build two power-producing nuclear reactors, worth $4.6 billion, and interim fuel supplies.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:14 pm
I believe relations will improve. Both Koreas have been trying to do so for some time, despite US blundering.

We already showed them our bums Sofia. We put nukes across their borders and leaked pre-emptive nuclear attack plans (just contingency plans, but to leak them is diplo-speak for a subtle threat).

Doing those things probably gave them more motivation to have their own nukes than anything else.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 04:58 pm
Hmmm. So the Bush Doctrine hasn't had anything to do with it-- Yet, these things keep happening--

Israel and Libya mingling tootsies under the table; Libya behaving above the table; India and Pakistan making moves toward peace; Syria, flirting with Turkey and Israel (says they are considering resuming peace accords with Israel...)

Iran says they will resume diplomatic ties with Eqypt, and signed the protocol to allow snap inspections of nuclear plants...

It is almost insane for someone to continue to refute that the Bush Doctrine, which presaged these events, did not contribute.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 05:11 pm
except that most of these negotiations predate the Bush era. Nice try, though.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 05:53 pm
Hobit, you are in some serious denial. You might want to get that looked at professionally.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:18 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Hobit, you are in some serious denial. You might want to get that looked at professionally.

Really? I'm in denial becasue I don't rely on Newsmax, the NY Post, the Washington Times, Faux, etc..? I guess I'll just have to stay in denial then. Smile
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:22 pm
Dominoes are falling...
Even some of the snarkier critics are begrudgingly admitting Bush's gamble is paying dividends.

I didn't know Syria or Libya were moving toward Israel-- Politics aside, how wonderful it would be to have decent relations in the ME.

It looks so hopeful, now.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 06:25 pm
Yup! Can't wait for all the moooslims and judiaites to perish in the rivers'o'blurd when the saviour rides in on his shiny white horse! Halleluyah! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies