Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2024 02:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
bloody ruffian, I say, to take away poor little Willy Dignam.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2024 05:42 am
That series of quotes came from Joyce's Ulysses. Was curious if anybody would join in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2024 05:43 am
“The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.”
~Rod Serling, closing narration of the Twilight Zone, "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" (1960)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2024 06:33 am
The truth does not require your participation in order to exist. Bullshit does.
Terence Mckenna
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2024 12:08 pm
"I say he’s a projector. He’s saying, Joe Biden is the worst president? He knows he was. He’s saying we’re crazy? He knows he is," she added. "He says somebody’s crooked. He knows he is. So he’s projector, an impostor. And we just have to win."
--Nancy Pelosi
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2024 02:21 pm
The Universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.
--attributed to Neil deGrass Tyson
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2024 08:05 am
"The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them." - Turkish proverb.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2024 07:06 am
“I will always be on the side of those who have nothing and who are not even allowed to enjoy the nothing they have in peace.”
Federico García Lorca
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2024 05:47 am
“Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.”
~John Lennon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2024 07:16 am
Nothing has been learned from the past. Just new bodies, new waste, new hell. Always a new excuse for more war.
~ Charles Bukowski
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2024 06:45 am
Local Communist
@unos_dos_trey
·
I will say the Democratic Party does a wonderful job pushing a lot of yall to the right as you insist they can be pushed left.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2024 03:52 pm
"Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2024 10:44 am
"The oppressor would not be so strong if he did not have accomplices among the oppressed."
Simone de Beauvoir
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2024 03:18 pm
What does the money machine eat? It eats youth, spontaneity, life, beauty and above all it eats creativity. It eats quality and shits out quantity.
--William S. Burroughs
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2024 07:46 am
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The people who lie to themselves and listen to their own lie come to a point that they cannot distinguish the truth within them, or around them, and so lose all respect for themselves and for others. And having no respect for anyone or anything they cease to love.”
~Fyodor Dostoevsky - ‘The Brothers Karamazov’
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2024 03:40 pm
"What have future generations ever done for us?" --Groucho Marx
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2024 06:27 pm
"Keep in mind, the news media are not independent; they are a sort of bulletin board and public relations firm for the ruling class-the people who run things.
Those who decide what news you will or will not hear are paid by, and tolerated purely at the whim of, those who hold economic power. If the parent corporation doesn't want you to know something, it won't be on the news.
Period. Or, at the very least, it will be slanted to suit them, and then rarely followed up."
~George Carlin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2024 08:47 am
"We all cry in private. But not in front of the boys. Never in front of the boys.” - June Wandrey
“An eighteen year old boy is carried into the shock ward, and he looks up at me trustingly asking, “How am I doing, nurse?” I just kiss his forehead and say, “You are doing just fine soldier.” He smiles sweetly and says, “I was just checking,” then he dies. We all cry in private. But not in front of the boys. Never in front of the boys.” - June Wandrey
June Wandrey Mann (1920–2005) was a First Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps from Wautoma, Wisconsin. She was the author of Bedpan Commando, an account of her military service in Africa, Sicily, Italy, France and Germany from 1942 to 1946, during which she was awarded eight battle stars.
Source:
American Military History
(From Indiana Spirit of '45)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2024 03:54 am
"People with a psychological need to believe in marvels are no more prejudiced and gullible than people with a psychological need not to believe in marvels."

Charles Fort
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2024 06:03 am
“What the herd hates most is the one who thinks differently; it is not so much the opinion itself, but the audacity of wanting to think for themselves, something that they do not know how to do.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
0 Replies