Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2024 10:12 am
I pray I’ve done my work so, that when I’ve gone from here, in all the turmoil through the wreckage and rumble, when someone finds themselves digging through the ruins, they’ll find me. Somewhere in that wreckage, they’ll find something they can use, that I left behind. And if I’ve done that, then I’ve accomplished something in life. ~James Baldwin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2024 06:35 am
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.”
― Napoléon Bonaparte
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2024 08:08 am
“You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear.”
~Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2024 05:31 pm
“To recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less.” Oscar Wilde.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2024 07:18 am
I listened to Joe Louis fight on the radio. Not because I knew to plan it but because my stepfather loved boxing. eb

'There's never been a boxer better than Joe Louis. You'd take one shot from him and you were sure he'd have seven or eight more coming for you. Certainly Muhammad Ali was the greatest man ever to fight, but not the greatest boxer.' - George Foreman
'I used to tease Joe Louis by reminding him that I was the greatest of all time. But Joe Louis was the greatest heavyweight fighter ever.' - Muhammad Ali
'I define fear as standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing he wants to go home early.' - Max Baer
'Joe Louis, to me, was the finest human being God put on this earth in every way.' - Angelo Dundee
'Joe Louis is the greatest heavyweight champion of all time.' - Joe Frazier
'Every time I hear the name Joe Louis my nose starts to bleed.' - Tommy Farr
'When you're a great finisher, you’ll become popular. Joe Louis was a great finisher.' - Mike Tyson
'He was a credit to his race – the human race.' - Jimmy Cannon
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2024 07:46 am
Spit on your own and you can't do anything, but if you all spit together you can drown the bastards.

Bob Crow
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2024 06:11 am
"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words." --Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2024 06:48 am
A few words from Werner Herzog to cheer you up for the weekend.
‘Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.’
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2024 08:13 am
Jack Benny: "There are only five real people in Hollywood. Everybody else is Mel Blanc."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2024 06:40 pm
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum — even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.”
—Noam Chomsky
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2024 07:29 am
RESanders -Demon's Tear OUT NOW!
@RobSanders56
Things I didn't know before starting this self-publishing journey, #1:
Writing books is much easier than persuading people to read them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2024 08:31 am
“Is that a bulletproof vest? See, now that's so insulting. That's like saying I'm not smart enough to shoot you in the head."
Eddie DeChooch”
― Janet Evanovich, Seven Up
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2024 09:47 am
Politics is made up of two words: "poli" which is Greek for "many;" and "tics" which are blood sucking insects.
Gore Vidal
0 Replies