Your Quote of the Day

coluber2001

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 03:54 pm
"I want everybody to have fun tonight, but please be safe. If you find yourself disoriented or confused, it's either you're drunk or Marjorie Taylor Greene."
President Joe biden, White House correspondent's dinner
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 11:29 pm
"In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of a god and the universe, becomes a person who has no faith at all.”
-- Alan Watts
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 11 May, 2023 04:30 pm
"When you see the other side chopping off heads, waterboarding doesn't sound very severe."
--Donald Trump

Old MacDonald Had a Torture Room.
EIEIO

A little torture here,
a little torture there.
Here a little
There a little
Everywhere a little
Torture.

(It doesn't sound that bad if you're a sociopath.)
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 24 May, 2023 11:57 pm
"They kept spitting out the false narrative about a stolen election and how it was 'our duty' to stand up to tyranny," Palmer wrote. "Little did I realize that they were the tyrannical ones, desperate to hold onto power at any cost, even by creating the chaos they knew would happen with such rhetoric."

--Robert Palmer (sentenced to five years for his participation in the January 6th attempted coup)
coluber2001

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2023 11:03 am
@coluber2001,
Two and a half years after Trump lost the election, Trump followers are still grieving as if he died, the difference being that the dead have the decency to admit they're dead.
--Coluber2001
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2023 09:01 pm
Quote:
Gods were created from the dreams of ancient peoples and live on as the nightmares of modern.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2023 02:12 pm
One of my favorite quotes to justify and excuse many of Trump's amoral actions:

"... as a Christian there are no good people, we all fall short and are corruptible...."
--Anonymous participant at a Trump rally
coluber2001

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 05:29 pm
@coluber2001,
We're ready to go.
--Fani Willis, Atlanta district attorney
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2023 04:31 pm
Nobody is going to pour the truth into your head. It’s something you have to find for yourself.
--Noam Chomsky

You don't need the truth. I'll give you all the truth you need. I am the wisest person in the world.
--Fake Donald Trump
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 01:05 pm
I have a different perspective than virtually everyone in the political commentariat. I come from the populist Republican Party base, I left that base, and I still engage with that base every day. That base is the animating force of one of our two major political parties. Trump radicalized that base. By radicalized, I mean - they no longer believe in basic truths, they've given up on democracy, they eagerly embrace authoritarianism, and they don't want to simply defeat their political opponents, they want their political opponents destroyed & killed.

This is the stuff I hear from them. Every day for the past 5-6 years. How are we doing? I just described the status of one of our two major political parties. It's now fully anti-democracy. This isn't tenable.
----Joe Walsh was a Republican congressman and a leading Tea Party conservative. He is now a prominent conservative voice against Donald Trump and the host of the podcast "White Flag with Joe Walsh.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2023 02:42 pm
How are they [Republicans] maintaining support among the people they're kicking in the face?
--Noam Chomsky
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2023 12:54 pm
"[F]eelings are like farts and you got to let them out while still being respectful of the people around you."
Simone Giertz
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2023 05:22 am
Democracy, if it exists at all, exists inside us. Democracy has to begin with the desire for the people to rule, which of course, is what democracy is all about.

I mean, the answer to the question: is democracy doomed? No. Obviously, we can do things. But is it in decline? Certainly. By any measurable, by any meaningful metric, democracy is in decline in my home country [United States] and on average around the world.

And we're also in the very specific situation where a non-democracy, Russia, is trying to destroy a democratic country, Ukraine, which is a sign that things have gone pretty far.
--Timothy Snyder
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2023 12:05 pm
Trump is there to tell you that democracy is a joke. Trump is there to tell you that the rules don't apply to everyone equally;
They don't apply to him.
--Timothy Snyder
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 12:20 pm
It's very sad but not surprising that Trump received more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016 despite criminal mismanagement of the pandemic. Once they get their hold and they consolidate their personality cult, it's very difficult for people to peel away from it.
--Ruth Ben-Ghiat
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2023 12:34 pm
Why Trump Must Face Justice.

"When Society no longer maintains any standards, when bullies and criminals realize they can do anything they want with little consequence, life gets scary."
--D. Krauss
Builder

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2023 11:08 pm
@coluber2001,
How about you google "obama's biggest regret" > ??

Invading another nation, looting the place for personal gain, murdering their leader without any kind of court hearing, and then saying you didn't have any plans for the place after you destroyed it.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2023 03:32 pm
I'm a percussionist. Noise is my business.

--Dave Hurwitz-- professional classical music percussionist and music critic.
https://youtu.be/z0uSXUEcujo?si=zv1LdS2B8t0GkMzM
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2023 10:06 am
"Eat any good books today, Worf?" Q
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2023 12:09 am
When the Washington Post asked Trump’s campaign for comment on claims that his “vermin” language echoed fascist rhetoric, Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung responded like this: “Those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House,” Cheung told the Post.

That sounds like, "Yes, it is."