169

Your Quote of the Day

coluber2001

1  
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2022 09:38 am
"Fascism is an ideology that is centered on power, loyalty, and fear of the other."
--Jason Stanley

1  
Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2022 09:52 am
The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed. ~Ernest Hemingway
(Book: A Farewell to Arms https://amzn.to/3gvQs0U)

1  
Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2022 07:25 am
Happy birthday to Mary Ann Evans, known by her pen name George Eliot (1819-1880), the English Victorian novelist who developed the method of psychological analysis characteristic of modern fiction. 👇
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?"
"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact."
"It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view."
"I like not only to be loved, but also to be told that I am loved. I am not sure that you are of the same mind. But the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave. This is the world of light and speech, and I shall take leave to tell you that you are very dear."

coluber2001

1  
Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 10:48 am
"And you know foolishly, or perhaps naively, I always thought there was this baseline, a baseline of patriotism below which no elected officials would ever sink. How wrong I was."
--Glenn Kirchner

1  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 12:54 pm
I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.
Gilda Radner

1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2022 02:47 pm
"I think everyone should go to college and get a degree, and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cab driver. Then they'd really be educated."
—- Al McGuire

1  
Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2022 07:56 am
“10 percent of any population is cruel, no matter what, and 10 percent is merciful, no matter what, and the remaining 80 percent can be moved in either direction.”
― Susan Sontag

1  
Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 07:01 am
“The teenagers aren't all bad. I love 'em if nobody else does. There ain't nothing wrong with young people. Jus' quit lyin' to 'em.”
— Moms Mabley

coluber2001

1  
Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2022 12:05 pm
The Duce’s reaction, Bottai complained, was, ‘if things go well, take the credit; and, if they go badly, to blame others’. This, Bottai concluded, had become the real meaning of the formula: ‘Mussolini is always right.’ ”
--Giuseppe Bottai

coluber2001

1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 10:35 am
"But Trump’s latest comment indicates he may have finally figured out that the Constitution stands in the way of his efforts to do something unconstitutional, like overturn the result of a presidential election."
--Chas Danner

coluber2001

1  
Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2022 11:05 am
"I want to tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I had organized that [the 6th], we would have won. Not to mention, we would've been armed."
--MTG

coluber2001

1  
Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 03:21 pm
"They're [Republicans] not interested in governing. They want to obstruct. They want to make things as bad as possible for the average American so they stand a better chance in 2024."

Justin King, Beau of the Fifth Column

coluber2001

1  
Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 12:30 pm
"The worrying thing is that partisanship can trump patriotism. That's the worrying thing. If we look back to 2016, there are signal moments when the enmity between Republicans and Democrats opened a flank which invited Russian attack."
--Timothy Snyder