Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 08:57 am
“Believing in something is easy enough – it is anonymous, and can be done from a distance. But change requires more – it needs voices and faces, people to say the words and do the deeds.”
― April White, Death's Door
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 06:44 am
“I want to say before I go on that I have never previously told anyone my sordid past in detail. I haven’t done it now to sound as though I might be proud of how bad, how evil, I was. But people are always speculating – why am I as I am? To understand that of any person his whole life, from birth, must be reviewed. All of our experiences fused into our personality. Everything that ever happened to us is an ingredient”
― Malcolm X, The Autobiography of Malcolm X
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 06:54 am
I was born in 1928, so in 1943, 1944, we had the war in Rome. There were a lot of hardships, a lack of food, many shortages.
So when I worked with the Americans, the English, and the Canadians soon after the war, when I played with them, they paid me with food.
That will give you an idea how widespread poverty was at that time.
Ennio Morricone
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 06:48 am
“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.”
― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 11:18 am
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/107593491_10157646003771275_4184246910263521838_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=dAcY_t_jQ_IAX9XYNjF&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=8a8e9fe390a6e0bca0e6175af555faa7&oe=5F2B4F11
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2020 07:15 am
“Dance like it hurts. Love like you need money. Work when people are watching. -- Dogbert's Motto”
― Scott Adams
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2020 10:25 am
“Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness.
Listen to it carefully.”

― Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:13 am
“No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.”
― Karl Popper
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 07:30 am
“Ex-Confederate? What’s that, like an ex-Nazi? The man fought for slavery! You don’t get to put an ‘ex-’ in front of that!”
― Matt Ruff, Lovecraft Country
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 08:09 am
"I don’t want you telling me to go back to Africa, unless you going back where you come from. I got a note one day telling me to go back to Africa and ever since that time—it’s been three times a week I say it when I am in a white audience—I say, 'We’ll make a deal. After you send all the Koreans back to Korea, the Chinese back to China, the Jewish people back to Jerusalem, and you give the Indians their land back and you get on the Mayflower from which you come'...We all here on borrowed land. We have to figure out how we’re going to make things right for all the people of this country." - Fannie Lou Hamer
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:41 am
“When the reality was depressing, men tried to console themselves with myth.”
― Arthur C. Clarke, The City and the Stars
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:51 am
Trump refuses to acknowledge he is wrong when he is wrong, too.

So don't feel bad.

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 02:28 pm
“Dear Grandpa, This is Sawyer, your grandson. I don’t know if Mom told you, but I’m part dinosaur now. And I need to know how not to be. Please help me. I don’t mean any offense. I know you’re part stegosaurus too. But you didn’t become part dinosaur until you were an adult. It’s much harder to do it when you’re a kid. School is hard enough.”
― Cory Putman Oakes, Dinosaur Boy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2020 03:30 pm
“Everything in the universe is either a jelly bean or not a jelly bean!”
― Silly Willy, Silly Facts for Silly Kids. Children's fact book age 5-12
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 08:37 am
“Fanatics can always come up with excuses for not thinking.”
― Christopher G. Nuttall, Desperate Fire
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

“Fanatics can always come up with excuses for not thinking.”
― Christopher G. Nuttall, Desperate Fire

Boy, do I agree with that one!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 07:08 am
"The necrocapitalist mutation of capitalism is like a virus that has become too lethal to continue reproducing itself in the host community." — #AJOpinion by Mark LeVine
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 08:20 am
“If we don’t use our minds, we can be certain that someone else will.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 06:41 am
“People wake up in the morning; there are many masks in their rooms, and today they decide which mask to wear! Man has only one face, but a thousand masks!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 07:46 am
Here is a long quote. I usually opt for short ones. Many that I post are not necessarily my own opinions. This is one with which I agree 99.9%. Not a hundred, because it took a Republican instead of Pelosi or Schumer to say it.

Over the weekend, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.
“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk.
0 Replies