Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:25 pm
A twofer today.

"A dog reflects the family life. Whoever saw a frisky dog in a gloomy family, or a sad dog in a happy one? Snarling people have snarling dogs, dangerous people have dangerous ones." -Arthur Conan Doyle
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 07:14 am
“Your judgments about another person say more about your own character than the character of the person you are pointing a finger at.”
― James Hilton ( Cowboy)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 08:51 am
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 08:44 am
“Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men.”
― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:23 am
“I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it.”
― Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:37 am
“Norman’s Law: The day the product team is announced, it is behind schedule and over its budget.”
― Donald A. Norman, The Design of Everyday Things
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 05:24 am
“I don't understand.'

'Yes, you do. You just do not want to. You humans are all the same. Willing to live a lie, any lie, as long as it is prettier than the truth. It's one of the few things that I love about your race.”
― John Gwynne, Valor
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2020 08:49 am
@edgarblythe,
“A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
― Leonardo da Vinci
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:28 am
“So I was separated, sent away to therapists and doctors who tried to fix me instead of trying to fix the toxins I was breathing.”
― Glennon Doyle, Untamed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:55 am
“Life is 360 degrees, so you can go in all directions! If you don't know this, you don't know how many paths life offers you and thus how rich life is!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 06:52 am
“It’s because I’m a product of this country and I’m just as susceptible to the narrative that fetishizes and erases Asian Americans as anybody else.”
― Ijeoma Oluo, So You Want to Talk About Race
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 09:48 am
“Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”
― Terry Pratchett, Mort
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:17 am
“Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 06:35 am
“While there is a lower class I am in it; While there is a criminal class I am of it; While there is a soul in prison I am not free. —Eugene V Debs”
― Eugene V. Debs, Writings of Eugene V. Debs
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:10 am
“Nothing is easier than to divide men into rightists and leftists, hunchbacks and straightbacks, fascists and democrats—and these distinctions will be perfectly just. But truth, we know, is that which clarifies, not that which confuses. Truth is the language that expresses universality.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars
chai2

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2020 04:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know there's no context here, but that's what makes it great.
I just feel sorry for Marcus.

https://www.gucmakale.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/mansp5.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2020 10:39 pm
“I named my camel Katrina. She was a natural disaster. She slobbered everywhere and seemed to think the purple streak in my hair was some kind of exotic fruit. She was obsessed with trying to eat my head. I named Walt’s camel Hindenburg. He was almost as large as a zeppelin and definitely as full of gas.”
― Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 08:06 am
“It was childish to feel disappointed, but childishness comes almost as naturally to a man as to a child,”
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 11:58 pm
"You just stole stuff?"

"No, found. It's like stealing, but no one yells at you."

--Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 09:17 am
“Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.”
― Noam Chomsky
0 Replies