Your Quote of the Day

xrickandmorty

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:54 am
@edgarblythe,
matter can't be created or destroyed therefore you exist and don't die. For matter to change form there needs to be a thing that determines how to cause a cause to cause something in a certain way. Every way not to do something needs to be determined not to cause the incorrect effect going through everything possible cause which conceptually includes your life and your self.
every cause has a cause including the causes of causing causes leading up in a triangular lines of cause and effect and cause of cause and effect and cause of that cause. The triangular pattern is correct because a singe cause of all causes cannot reach every cause in space.

In time every cause needs to be caused to caused to occur at that certain point therefore an eternal loop, which is incorrect, but is caused not to cause therefore creating the eternal loop.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:25 am
@xrickandmorty,
When you scatter the parts that are me, you effectively kill that which is me. Only scattered parts remain, like the wreck of old 99.
xrickandmorty

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:45 am
@edgarblythe,
Once nothing remains you are one with yourself
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 12:08 pm
@xrickandmorty,
I'm already one with myself. All I want now is to be able to drink beer like I did forty years ago.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heck. I remember when I was in the military, we used to go to the PX beer hall and drink all day! That's when I started smoking, then quit in my early 30's.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, I don't smoke anymore. I only drink a couple of beers at Christmas and New Years.
0 Replies

xrickandmorty

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 07:37 am
@edgarblythe,
You are one with yourself yet are scattered parts, you want to drink bear but cannot become drunk.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 09:13 am
@xrickandmorty,
But you want cogent word salad.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 09:21 am
@edgarblythe,
And a nice frothy mug of bear.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 12:10 pm
Razz
“Any ape can reach for a banana, but only humans can reach for the stars.”
― V.S. Ramachandran, The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist's Quest for What Makes Us Human
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 05:38 am
“Resist much, obey little.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:19 pm
“We’re like children,” Anna said, pushing herself to her feet and lecturing down at him. “Who burn their hands on a hot stove and then think the solution is to blow up all the stoves.”
― James S.A. Corey, Abaddon's Gate
coluber2001

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 09:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.
— Joseph Campbell
Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:36 am
“All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 11:49 am
@edgarblythe,
And most humans have natural fear and imagination. Poetry, not so much.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:42 am
“The opposite of poverty is not wealth. In too many places, the opposite of poverty is justice.”
― Bryan Stevenson
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 08:41 pm
“Plato says that the unexamined life is not worth living. But what if the examined life turns out to be a clunker as well?”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 10:01 am
“You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
― Rumi
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 07:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
“You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
― Rumi
We must first learn to crawl, before we can "fly."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:11 am
“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

George Orwell
“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”
― George Orwell, 1984
0 Replies