Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 12:16 pm
“There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going to let anybody see you.”
― Charles Bukowski
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 01:15 pm
“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
― Bill Watterson, The Calvin And Hobbes: Tenth Anniversary Book
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 08:34 pm
“Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots, but you have to play the ball where it lies.” – Bobby Jones.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 11:36 am
“A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. ”
― William S. Burroughs
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 08:28 am
“But I didn't understand then. That I could hurt somebody so badly she would never recover. That a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair.”
― Haruki Murakami
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 04:03 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

“I don't think there is any truth. There are only points of view. ”
― Allen Ginsberg

Is that really true, though? ;-)
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 04:16 am
@Olivier5,
I only post quotes if to me they are interesting. I don't hundred percent accept many of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:11 pm
“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
― Brigham Young
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 08:35 am
"Anyone can slay a dragon, she told me, but try waking up every morning & loving the world all over again. That's what takes a real hero." -Brian Andreas
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 09:48 am
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
― George Orwell, Animal Farm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 06:14 am
“Nobody comes here anymore, its too crowded”
― Yogi Berra
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2018 09:37 pm
One of my laws of quotation is that however sure you are that you have attributed a quotation correctly, an earlier source will be pointed out to you. ~Nigel Rees, Why Do We Say…?, 1987
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 08:33 am
Andy Borowitz
·
Look, when you have to explain how your concentration camps differ from Nazi concentration camps, maybe that’s a sign that it’s time to rethink your whole concentration camp idea.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 06:48 am
"The only jihad [aka struggle] that really concerns me is the one that is aimed at our own weaknesses. This struggle, alas, has nothing to do with the war that so many of Adam's sons wage in the name of a God they claim to love deeply, but whom they love badly because they destroy a part of his creation."
-- Tierno Bokar
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:41 am
@Olivier5,
Anon for Fast Forward AKA Boston Globe's daily email newsletter wrote:

Commuter Alert: If you take the T, aren't you already on high alert?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Master Therion wrote:

So, raw chicken can have salmonella, but raw salmon can't have chickenella.

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 02:45 pm

“The really dangerous American fascist... is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power... They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective, toward which all their deceit is directed, is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.

~quoted in the New York Times, April 9, 1944”

― Henry A. Wallace
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 01:37 pm
https://awestruckwanderer.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/alan-watts-get-the-message.jpg
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 01:31 pm
Under this window in stormy weather
I marry this man and woman together;
Let none but Him who rules the thunder
Put this man and woman asunder.

Jonathan Swift
0 Replies