166

Your Quote of the Day

1  
Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
Master Therion wrote:

So, raw chicken can have salmonella, but raw salmon can't have chickenella.

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 02:45 pm

“The really dangerous American fascist... is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power... They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective, toward which all their deceit is directed, is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.

~quoted in the New York Times, April 9, 1944”

― Henry A. Wallace

coluber2001

1  
Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 01:37 pm
https://awestruckwanderer.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/alan-watts-get-the-message.jpg

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 01:31 pm
Under this window in stormy weather
I marry this man and woman together;
Let none but Him who rules the thunder
Put this man and woman asunder.

Jonathan Swift

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:20 pm
All politicians should be required to drink Ayahuasca 10 times before taking office.
Graham Hancock

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2018 02:56 pm
I go home and stay there. I wash and scrub up each day, and that's it.
One month I actually grew a moustache, just so I could say that I'd done something.

Bill Murray

1  
Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2018 02:59 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I tried growing a mustache as a young man, but it got too itchy for me. Never tried it again.
eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 06:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
But where do you store your crumbs? Smile

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2018 06:16 am
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

William Butler Yeats

Olivier5

0  
Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2018 04:00 am
Femina feminae lupa est.
-- The Internet

Richa94

1  
Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2018 05:40 am
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
― Abraham Lincoln
eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2018 01:18 pm
@Richa94,
Nations have their ego, just like individuals.

James Joyce

shanu baba

-1  
Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 05:38 am
A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 08:31 am
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
-- Joseph Goebbels

eurocelticyankee

2  
Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 09:59 am
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Muhammad Ali

eurocelticyankee

1  
Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 08:21 am
The great question that has never been answered,
and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite
my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is
'What does a woman want?'
Sigmund Freud

1  
Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 07:16 am
Traces of Texas
·
I saw the Texas Quote of the Day a couple of days ago on a bumper sticker in Franklin, Texas:

"I can understand your personal vexation with me, but what do you have against the horse I rode in on?"

2  
Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 10:33 am
https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/b/benitomussolini/128369/benitomussolini1-2x.jpg

2  
Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 12:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Trump understands that too well!

coluber2001

1  
Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2018 01:55 pm
“In the good old days this doesn’t happen because they used to treat them very, very rough. And when they protested once, you know, they would not do it again so easily."

Donald Trump