Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:40 pm
@Germlat,
I missed your posts on Honduras, germy. Bet they were fabulous.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:43 pm
@JTT,
Don't know a lot about it. Lived there a year on assignment learned a lot about the politics.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:46 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Don't know a lot about it.

That certainly seems to be the case.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:47 pm
@JTT,
Better than making assumptions on headlines.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:49 pm
@Germlat,
That's your problem. You don't have the mental wherewithal to go any further than headlines or propaganda.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:50 pm
@JTT,
No...that would be you...I lived it.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:55 pm
@Germlat,
No you most certainly did not, germy. You didn't live the USA slaughter of a million Filipinos the USA pretended to liberate from Spain. You didn't live the carpet bombings of Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea. You didn't have your breasts slashed off by USA trained contras. It would take pages to catalogue the centuries old lies of the USA as a liberator a saviour of the oppressed.

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:00 pm
@JTT,
I've lived through more than you think so...but it's not anything you need to concern yourself about...my story is one of triumph. The world is not fair...never has been. BTW---The Arabs have raped Honduras.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:05 pm
@Germlat,
Were you one of the most evil of the nazis that the USA protected from war crimes trials and brought them into the USA fold in exchange for their evil secrets?

Quote:
BTW---The Arabs have raped Honduras.

What was left after years of USA raping and pillaging?
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:08 pm
@JTT,
I had no idea I was a Nazi...thanks for clarifying. You clearly don't understand much but the soiled propaganda you read...back to the thread. Sorry folks about feeding the troll.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:13 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
I had no idea I was a Nazi...thanks for clarifying.

Do you know what a question is, germy? Why would you try to make excuses for such long time evil behavior.

Quote:
back to the thread. Sorry folks about ...

Who are you playing to, germy, the cowards who use ignore?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
@Germlat,
"To oppose the policies of a government does not mean you are against the country or the people that the government supposedly represents. Such opposition should be called what it really is: democracy, or democratic dissent, or having a critical perspective about what your leaders are doing. Either we have the right to democratic dissent and criticism of these policies or we all lie down and let the leader, the Fuhrer, do what is best, while we follow uncritically, and obey whatever he commands. That's just what the Germans did with Hitler, and look where it got them."

Michael Parenti
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:28 pm
God said: The rich will have food, and the poor will have appetite.
Coluche
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:42 pm
For you, CI, except we will make it martinis.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/1016760_373632009425859_802777685_n.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:08 am
“Art – the one achievement of man which has made the long trip up from all fours seem well advised”
― James Thurber
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wine is fine! Mr. Green Drunk
JTT

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you often post in an intoxicated state, CI?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:41 pm
That's what show business is, sincere insincerity.
Benny Hill

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
"CEOs of most of the world's largest corporations daily make decisions that destroy the lives of many other human beings. Only about 1 to 3 percent of us are sociopaths - people who don't have normal human feelings and can easily go to sleep at night after having done horrific things. And of that 1 percent of sociopaths, there's probably only a fraction of a percent with a college education. And of that tiny fraction, there's an even tinier fraction that understands how business works, particularly within any specific industry. Thus there is such a shortage of people who can run modern monopolistic, destructive corporations that stockholders have to pay millions to get them to work. And being sociopaths, they gladly take the money without any thought to its social consequences."
Thom Hartman
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 09:08 pm
"Because the United States does not look like a militarized country, it's hard for Americans to grasp that Washington is a war capital, that the United States is a war state, that it garrisons much of the planet, and that the norm for us is to be at war somewhere at any moment."

Tom Engelhardt
0 Replies