Your Quote of the Day

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 07:27 am
"Two and two the mathematician continues to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five. ~James McNeill Whistler
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 05:20 am
“Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?”
― James Thurber
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:05 am
Ken Kesey speaking of Bill Clinton .. "How can you say you experimented with pot but didn't inhale? That's like saying you experimented with homosexuality but didn't swallow"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 06:10 am
“Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?”
― James Thurber, Collecting Himself: James Thurber On Writing And Writers, Humor And Himself
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 05:45 am
. psychopaths are generally well satisfied with themselves and with their inner landscape, bleak as it may seem to outside observers. They see nothing wrong with themselves, experience little personal distress, and find their behavior rational, rewarding, and satisfying; they never look back with regret or forward with concern. They perceive themselves as superior beings in a hostile, dog-eat-dog world in which others are competitors for power and resources. Psychopaths feel it is legitimate to manipulate and deceive others in order to obtain their “rights,” and their social interactions are planned to outmaneuver the malevolence they see in others.
Robert Hare.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:05 am
“There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception.”
― James Thurber
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:52 pm
“The Rest of the World, Almost Unanimously, Looks At America As The No. 1 Warmonger. That We Revert To Armed Conflict Almost At The Drop Of A Hat — And Quite Often It’s Not Only Desired By The Leaders Of Our Country, But It’s Also Supported By The People Of America”

- Jimmy Carter

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 04:55 am

“One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough.”
― James Thurber
eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 01:22 pm
But I'm not the girl who changes into flats because my feet are tired at the end of the night. I go the distance. I go all the way.
Dita Von Teese

Amen
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 04:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Love martinis and that quote. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
After 3, I start to slur my words, and walking straight becomes difficult if not impossible.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You can't hide your shame of the USA's evil in drink, CI.
Wilso

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:22 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You can't hide your shame of the USA's evil in drink, CI.

I occasionally open the posts of people on ignore, if it's on a thread that I think can't possibly stray into the ridiculous subject area. Quote of the day. Maybe someone has posted something by someone really smart. Nope. JTT, you have a serious mental disorder. You're not only completely obsessed by the actions of the USA, that you're too much of a snivelling, gutless coward, to reveal which country you're from. What a sad, pathetic creature you are.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:27 pm
@Wilso,
Yeah...he can't help it...he's probably posting from a mental institution.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:28 pm
@Wilso,
Quote:
I occasionally open the posts of people on ignore,

The rest of the time you just lie your ass off, eh, Wilso.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@JTT,
Believe it or not...some people only post for entertainment ....very limited to time off...unlike you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
I occasionally open the posts of people on ignore,

That completely defeats the point. From what I remember JTT loves it when people peek. Why give him the pleasure? Not only that everyone else who has JTT on ignore has had to read the crap you quoted, so it's a double win for him.

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:33 pm
@izzythepush,
IzzytheLiar makes a scheduled appearance.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:35 pm
@JTT,
Ouch...I guess that struck a nerve!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:36 pm
We've all got royal blood in our veins, you know. It's the best place for it in my view. We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep you going.

Peter Cook
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 05:37 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm unique...and so is everyone else.