Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 05:03 am
“Man has gone long enough, or even too long, without being man enough to face the simple truth that the trouble with man is man.”
― James Thurb
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
Noam Chomsky

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:51 am
To follow by faith alone, is to follow blindly - Benjamin Franklin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:04 am
“you might as well fall on your face as lean over too far backwards”
― James Thurber
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:58 pm
People who study history are doomed to stand by helplessly watching people repeat it. ...?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:03 pm
"I forgot to mention last night that following World War II war crime trials were convened. The Japanese were tried and convicted and hung for war crimes committed against American POWs. Among those charges for which they were convicted was waterboarding,"
John McCain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 04:55 am
“Though we are politically enemies, yet with regard to Science it is presumable we shall not dissent from the practice of civilized people in promoting it”
― John Hancock
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 06:11 am
The history of the last century shows, as we shall see later, that the advice given to governments by bankers, like the advice they gave to industrialists, was consistently good for bankers, but was often disastrous for governments, businessmen, and the people generally.
Carroll Quigley

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 11:03 am
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day...unknown author
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6VLqlAcs_16uN0zu6hl4S169StvgEmlW5rxdt9Yp5z1hUb2e0

... and were they High heels ? ..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:14 am
“A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:59 am
In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population.
Noam Chomsky

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:57 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You might have seen/read the following before, ECY. Same theme as your quote - a large totally duped population.

-------------

"The general public are viewed as no more than ignorant and meddlesome outsiders, a bewildered herd. And it's the responsible men who have to make decisions and to protect society from the trampling and rage of the bewildered herd. Now since it's a democracy they - the herd, that is - are permitted occasionally to lend their weight to one or another member of the responsible class. That's called an election."

Noam Chomsky

-----------

And you know what's so hilarious. These idiots spend enormous amounts of time trying to decide whether they will vote for Tweedledum or Tweedledee.
Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 05:11 am
@JTT,
I hate Americans...if I can't destroy them then at least I can try spoiling their good time. I'm petty that way.
JTT
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 05:41 am
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2mYag4dfOfrwRrxXw3tmU4d2OwJhbIJkWv1cgKXoYSJ32VUEM
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:15 am
@Germlat,
Defaming, it's what the one that checks her husband's phone does..

You are really petty..
Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:26 am
@timur,
Ok big man...
Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:29 am
@Germlat,
You're kinda small to bring that in yourself . Who cares really. At least I'm not anonymously attacking individuals on a thread. Darn...it just occurred to me!! You are a JTT admirer?! My comment really had to hit hard and you pulled out what you thought were the big guns? Either way-- you may be JTT ( alter ego) for all I now...you're still a little person.
Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 07:26 am
@Germlat,
Who would come to JTT's rescue...hmmm? The guy doesn't disclose what society he lives in but has the nerve to attack another society( not just government) and that's all he reveals....just another coward I guess.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 07:32 am
Hey, germlat and timur -- are these direct quotes or paraphrases?
0 Replies