What of ignore, Wilso?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 06:30 pm
I don't feed trolls if I can help it.
JTT

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 06:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
You also have a grand stubbornness to ignore facts, Ed.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 07:35 pm
"There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together."

Josh Billings
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 07:36 pm
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Bill Cosby
Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 07:37 pm
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

Yogi Berra
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 07:51 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Bill Cosby

Love that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 04:57 am
“A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.”
― Oscar Wilde
Olivier5

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nice.

Le secret d'ennuyer est celui de tout dire (The secret of being a bore is to tell everything) - Voltaire
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:54 am
“God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 07:29 am
“Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick
up a turd by the clean end.”
― Texas A&M Student
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:22 am
He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.
Lao Tzu

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 08:58 am
“It's up to brave hearts, sir, to be patient when things are going badly, as well as being happy when they're going well ... For I've heard that what they call fortune is a flighty woman who drinks too much, and, what's more, she's blind, so she can't see what she's doing, and she doesn't know who she's knocking over or who she's raising up.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 09:05 am
"Even open-minded people will often find themselves unable to take seriously the likes of [Noam] Chomsky, [Edward] Herman, [Howard] Zinn and [Susan] George on first encountering their work; it just does not seem possible that we could be so mistaken in what we believe. The individual may assume that these writers must be somehow joking, wildly over-stating the case, paranoid, or have some sort of axe to grind. We may actually become angry with them for telling us these terrible things about our society and insist that this simply 'can't be true'. It takes real effort to keep reading, to resist the reassuring messages of the mass media and be prepared to consider the evidence again."

David Edwards - Burning All Illusions
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:02 am
“Don’t repeat yourself. It’s not only repetitive, it’s redundant, and people have heard it before.”
― Lemony Snicket, Who Could That Be at This Hour?
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:09 am
@JTT,
Don't burn all your illusions JT.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 09:04 am
@edgarblythe,
What has been more repetitive, more redundant, and all a huge lie, Ed, than the incessant USA propaganda.

Y'all gorge yourself on that like lions at a kill.

You still haven't addressed your errors as regards the war crimes in Afghanistan. Is this something a writer should do? Aren't writers by and large interested in the truth?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:00 am
“I'm a citizen in a democracy. To call me an activist would be redundant. It's not a spectator sport. If we all become non-participants, it no longer works.”
― Michael Moore, The World According to Michael Moore: A Portrait in His Own Words
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:23 am
“Do you believe,' said Candide, 'that men have always massacred each other as they do to-day, that they have always been liars, cheats, traitors, ingrates, brigands, idiots, thieves, scoundrels, gluttons, drunkards, misers, envious, ambitious, bloody-minded, calumniators, debauchees, fanatics, hypocrites, and fools?'
Do you believe,' said Martin, 'that hawks have always eaten pigeons when they have found them?”
― Voltaire, Candide
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:51 am
“I decline to accept the end of man... I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among the creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. The poet's, the writer's, duty is to write about these things. It is his privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past. The poet's voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail.”
― William Faulkner
0 Replies