Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:22 am
“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting”
― Aldous Huxley
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 02:47 pm
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
― Philip K. Dick
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 07:35 am
“The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not.”
― Eric Hoffer
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:33 am
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.

- George Orwell

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:36 am
“History knew the truth. History was the most inhuman product of humanity. It scooped up the whole of human will and, like the goddess Kali in Calcutta, dripped blood from its mouth as it bit and crunched.”
― Yukio Mishima, The Decay of the Angel
spendius

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 01:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Window shopping, according to the women, is the king of outdoor sports. Whenever a woman gets down town and has 2 or 3 hours and no money to spend, she goes window shopping. She gives the Poiret gowns and the thousand dollar furs the double O and then kids herself into believing she'd look like Lillian Russell or Beverly Bayne if she had 'em on. It's great for developing the imagination and one of the great secrets of conserving the bankroll. ..." ["Motor Age," Jan. 27, 1916]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 08:24 am
“Nonconformists travel as a rule in bunches. You rarely find a nonconformist who goes it alone. And woe to him inside a nonconformist clique who does not conform with nonconformity.”
― Eric Hoffer
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:01 pm
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:01 pm
“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
spendius

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:12 pm
@vonny,
Many people vonny are never so happy as when they are on a tantrum. Mr Emerson is old fashioned.
vonny

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 03:41 am
@spendius,
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
- Abraham Lincoln
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:52 am
“Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.”
― Herman Melville
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:02 am
But "the poor" are often responsible for their own misfortunes through sheer stupidity and sloppy mindedness..Smile
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:23 am
“Our people are good people; our people are kind people. Pray God some day kind people won't all be poor.”
― John Steinbeck
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:24 am
“If you go out into the real world, you cannot miss seeing that the poor are poor not because they are untrained or illiterate but because they cannot retain the returns of their labor. They have no control over capital, and it is the ability to control capital that gives people the power to rise out of poverty.”
― Muhammad Yunus
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:58 am
“The problem with putting two and two together is that sometimes you get four, and sometimes you get twenty-two.”
― Dashiell Hammett, The Thin Man
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 02:53 pm
“Don't get lost. Give it a try. Go find the place that you're wishing for.”
― Natsuki Takaya
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:51 am
@vonny,
......For truly we are all angels temporarily hiding as humans.”
― Brian L. Weiss
vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:56 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
— Albert Camus
vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:57 am
@vonny,
True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.
– David Tyson Gentry
0 Replies