Your Quote of the Day

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:13 am
Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Cause you have a pretty sweet ass!
Anon.

To Dutchy, sounds like something he'd say.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:19 am
“The time is ripe for looking back over the day, the week, the year, and trying to figure out where we have come from and where we are going to, for sifting through the things we have done and the things we have left undone for a clue to who we are and who, for better or worse, we are becoming. But again and again we avoid the long thoughts….We cling to the present out of wariness of the past. And why not, after all? We get confused. We need such escape as we can find. But there is a deeper need yet, I think, and that is the need—not all the time, surely, but from time to time—to enter that still room within us all where the past lives on as a part of the present, where the dead are alive again, where we are most alive ourselves to turnings and to where our journeys have brought us. The name of the room is Remember—the room where with patience, with charity, with quietness of heart, we remember consciously to remember the lives we have lived.”
― Frederick Buechner
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 04:55 am
“The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter.”
― Dashiell Hammett, The Maltese Falcon
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:20 pm
“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.”
― Oscar Wilde
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:21 pm
“Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”
― Cassandra Clare
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 02:22 pm
“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
― Cassandra Clare
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 03:11 pm
“Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 04:55 am
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.

- Jim Rohn
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 04:57 am
People who laugh actually live longer than those who don’t laugh. Few persons realize that health actually varies according to the amount of laughter.
- James J. Walsh
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 05:18 am
“If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.”
― Steven Wright
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 04:55 am
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams
0 Replies

timur

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 05:49 am
"Now, I believe that humans are designed to hurt."

Dee - (Indonesian author)
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 03:12 pm
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
- Bob Marley

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 04:47 pm
“Far more crucial than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know.”
― Eric Hoffer
Germlat

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 05:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good one
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 07:33 am
“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 09:17 am
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”
― Washington Irving
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:13 pm
I was spoiled in a very strange way as a child, because everybody told me, from the moment I was able to hear, that I was absolutely marvellous, and I never heard a discouraging word for years. I didn't know what was ahead of me.
- Orson Welles
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 02:59 pm
The Pope? How many divisions has he got?
Joseph Stalin

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 03:12 pm
"Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”
― Maya Angelou
0 Replies