Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:46 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Ya can't ignore the facts, Bear.

Well, then again, history shows you can.

What's the difference between you and coldjoint? Y'all chastise him for avoiding the facts. You can't point me to a place where you discuss what you say you discuss, just not 24/7, and you expect that you should be believed.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:48 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Bear: do you actually think that you calling me disingenuous has some sort of meaning to anyone other than you?
/////////

It means something to Finn. You stole his modus operandi.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:51 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
It is hard to reach Americans regarding America. It’s not a place so much as a mindset. For myself, I got out of that mindset quite by accident, but it also took some effort. When confronted by contradictions that made me uncomfortable, I did not stuff them away and ignore them.

-- Mark Tokarski
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
http://runt-of-the-web.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/facebook-comments-abraham-lincoln-quote.jpg
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:38 am
If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives.
- Anon
0 Replies

Magda770

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:45 am
@edgarblythe,
Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.
P. J. O'Rourke
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:48 am
“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.”
― C.S. Lewis
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:54 am
“You can't argue with insanity. You can stare at it, gaping and incredulous, but arguing with it is futile.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:55 am
“Don't bother to argue anything on the Internet. And I mean, ANYTHING.... The most innocuous, innocent, harmless, basic topics will be misconstrued by people trying to deconstruct things down to the sub-atomic level and entirely miss the point.....”
― Vera Nazarian
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:58 am
@vonny,
What, me worry?
-- Alfred E Neumann
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:28 am
We Americans are not usually thought to be a submissive people, but of course we are. Why else would we allow our country to be destroyed? Why else would we be rewarding its destroyers? Why else would we all — by proxies we have given to greedy corporations and corrupt politicians — be participating in its destruction? Most of us are still too sane to piss in our own cistern, but we allow others to do so and we reward them for it. We reward them so well, in fact, that those who piss in our cistern are wealthier than the rest of us.

How do we submit? By not being radical enough. Or by not being thorough enough, which is the same thing.
Wendell Berry
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:45 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
American culture is not about experiencing our shame, it's about denying it. It's been that way our whole history.
Chris Jordan
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:49 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/probirth_zpsf5162151.jpg
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 02:27 pm
@Magda770,
Quote:
Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.
P. J. O'Rourke

Children are like farts: only yours don't disturb you.
Pierre Dac
Olivier5

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:09 pm
@Olivier5,
Pierre Dac also said: "Certain anal ways are even more impenetrable than the ways of the Lord."

Not sure that translates...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 04:55 am
“I realized these were all the snapshots which our children would look at someday with wonder, thinking their parents had lived smooth, well-ordered lives and got up in the morning to walk proudly on the sidewalks of life, never dreaming the raggedy madness and riot of our actual lives, our actual night, the hell of it, the senseless emptiness.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
spendius

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
What a cheap shot ed. What a ridiculous thing to write and what a self-pitying resignation its narcissism plumbs the depths of.

Dreadful in the literal sense.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 04:54 am

“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 04:51 am
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
― T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 04:57 am
“There are many who don't wish to sleep for fear of nightmares. Sadly, there are many who don't wish to wake for the same fear.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
0 Replies