Your Quote of the Day

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 03:13 pm
I truly, truly believe that I was going in that direction and all of a sudden fate took me and put me here. It's like something else has other plans for me.
- Christopher Atkins
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:08 am
“You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. ”
― Ronald Reagan
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm
http://runt-of-the-web.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/facebook-comments-abraham-lincoln-quote.jpg
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 05:05 am
“People say, 'I'm going to sleep now,' as if it were nothing. But it's really a bizarre activity. 'For the next several hours, while the sun is gone, I'm going to become unconscious, temporarily losing command over everything I know and understand. When the sun returns, I will resume my life.'

If you didn't know what sleep was, and you had only seen it in a science fiction movie, you would think it was weird and tell all your friends about the movie you'd seen.

They had these people, you know? And they would walk around all day and be OK? And then, once a day, usually after dark, they would lie down on these special platforms and become unconscious. They would stop functioning almost completely, except deep in their minds they would have adventures and experiences that were completely impossible in real life. As they lay there, completely vulnerable to their enemies, their only movements were to occasionally shift from one position to another; or, if one of the 'mind adventures' got too real, they would sit up and scream and be glad they weren't unconscious anymore. Then they would drink a lot of coffee.'

So, next time you see someone sleeping, make believe you're in a science fiction movie. And whisper, 'The creature is regenerating itself.”
― George Carlin,

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:20 am
“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”
― Edgar Allan Poe, Eleonora
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:47 am
If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there. -- Randy Bachman
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:59 am
@edgarblythe,
What passed as Reagan's intellect.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:12 am
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:14 am
"It's not pleasant or comfortable to go to the honest truth most of the time, it doesn't win new friends and sometimes it loses you friends, but at least it's something no one can take from you and having something no one can take from you ( and are willing to) is rare"
.-Bi-Polar Bear, certified shithouse philosopher
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:16 am
@vonny,
You lie to yourself each and every minute of your existence when you ignore and deny the USA and the UK's war crimes and terrorist acts.
-- jtt
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:51 am
@JTT,
I was just wondering: do the people in your every-day life get bored with you? Are there any people in your every-day life that listen?

Your diatribes here have convinced no one. So what exactly is the function of doing it hourly, daily for years? You certainly aren't raising anyone's consciousness as the effort you put forth just adds to the noise level and reduces any effectiveness and credibility to your cause - whatever it might be.

Attempts to hijack innocent threads such as Daily Quotes - are not appreciated or warranted with such mean-spirited BS.

A faint bleating sheep in a pasture in which no one pays any mind.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
― Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:01 am
@Ragman,
I was just wondering, Ragman, why did you flee from that language thread after you proffered so many things that were misleading? Misleading seems to be your raison d'être.

Ragguy: mean-spirited BS.

You wallow in ignorance, Ragman. Are you trying to suggest that the USA has not committed myriad war crimes and terrorist acts?

Now Ragman, the coward, will flee.

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:03 am
@Ragman,
Bear's quote sailed right over your sheeple head, Rag.

"It's not pleasant or comfortable to go to the honest truth most of the time, it doesn't win new friends and sometimes it loses you friends, but at least it's something no one can take from you and having something no one can take from you ( and are willing to) is rare"
.-Bi-Polar Bear, certified shithouse philosopher
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:11 am
@JTT,
Re BVT comment: I didn't see his post.

The amazing thing is that you pontificate as though your orthodoxy and view of the world is the only right one.

Once in a blue-moon I take you off ignore long enough to see whether or not you'll come towards any semblance of objectivity. Thankfully, you've cured me of the habit. Political threads and grammar ones - you just serve yourself. You're a rock of consistency.

You're a walking breathing lesson to many of us about the need to remain as objective and humble as we can. However, this forum to me is about entertainment value.

Returning the focus of the thread back to its intent.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:30 am
@Ragman,
Rag: Your diatribes here have convinced no one.

You desperately want to believe that. Everyone who reads just a little of the material I have posted knows it's the truth but y'all are famous for hiding from the truth.

Advocate has described the same things I have. MontereyJack states that most of the things I have said about the USA are true. WMcrj?? (Sorry Bill.) also acknowledges this very apparent fact.

Thirteen year old Gracie knew and acknowledged the truth about the USA.

But not delusional old Ragman.

There are others who, unlike you and your ilk, refuse to deny reality, even though they are certainly not comfortable with it.

Ragman: So what exactly is the function of doing it hourly, daily for years?

You have to ask? War criminals and terrorists should not receive a moment's piece until they are standing before a court of law. Their cowardly supporters and backers should not have a moment's peace. Does the USA not use found WWII war criminals as propaganda that they have an interest in seeing justice done? Is that not gross hypocrisy?

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:33 am
@Ragman,
Ragman: Re BVT comment: I didn't see his post.

----------

And you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong.

Even Finn has acknowledged that I am right in my description of the USA. Finn d'Abuzz for dogs sake!!

Ragman: The amazing thing is that you pontificate as though your orthodoxy and view of the world is the only right one.
------------

That is false. Unlike you, I bring numerous sources to any discussion

However, I welcome you to show me when and where I am wrong.
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:38 am
@JTT,
Not to shock you (and seemingly incongruous to what I've written so far), I agree with you about Cheney needing to be tried in the Hague for his international war crimes. Lastly, to say the least, I'm no fan at all of USA's non-policy on many of the international fronts. I sure as hell wouldn't want to wave a flag and chant "We're better than Russia (Putin)."
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:43 am
@Ragman,
Then why do you believe that these war crimes issues should not be kept front and center?

Edgar is, I believe, still operating under the false notion that the USA attack on Afghanistan was justified.

Cheney is but one tiny portion of centuries long war crimes and terrorism.

Is all this really what y'all want for the USA?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 11:57 am
@JTT,
re: re: It doesn't mean you have to ALWAYS be a dick about it