Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:17 am
@edgarblythe,
She is **** on a stick.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:10 am
"Whenever I feel surrounded by darkness and depression and feel like my life is total bitter ****, I go to A2K and look at a sample of JTT's posts and immediately I realize I'm actually happy go lucky" - Any A2K member.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is "happy go lucky" another American euphemism for "we could give a rat's ass for all the innocents we slaughter"?
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 01:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Whenever I feel surrounded by darkness and depression and feel like my life is total bitter ****, I go to A2K and look at a sample of the numerous vacuous A2K posts and immediately I realize I'm actually way worse off than I thought. How can we have any hope when there are so many empty-headed sheeple about?

-- Any of the hundreds of millions who have had their lives destroyed by America's rapacious greed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:00 pm
@JTT,
Yes, as a matter of fact it is. Where you revealing a big secret? Because you forgot to say "AHA!"
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
That's pretty sad, even as a joke, Bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:07 pm
we can be sad together JTT.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 02:19 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Then we need something to be sad about, Bear, and the nutty policies of the USA always provides fertile ground for deeply saddening events.
///////

http://www.globalresearch.ca/washingtons-global-war-on-terrorism-violence-war-and-instability-in-an-arc-of-terror/5368031

Washington’s “Global War on Terrorism” (GWOT): Violence, War and Instability in an “Arc of Terror”

We Need To End the Disastrous Failure Of The War On Terror

By Nicolas J S Davies
Global Research, February 09, 2014
Alternet
Region: Middle East & North Africa
Theme: 9/11 & 'War on Terrorism', Crimes against Humanity, US NATO War Agenda

The U.S. State Department’s “terrorism” reports [3] present a searing indictment of the “war on terror” on its own terms. From 1987 to 2001, the State Department’s “Patterns of Global Terrorism” reports had documented a steady decline in terrorism [4] around the world, from 665 incidents in 1987 to only 355 incidents in 2001. But since 2001, the U.S. “war on terror” has succeeded in fueling the most dramatic and dangerous rise in terrorism ever seen.

The State Department reports seem, at first glance, to show some short-term success, with total terrorist incidents continuing to decline, to 205 incidents in 2002 and 208 in 2003. But the number of more serious or “significant” incidents (involving death, serious injury, abduction, kidnapping, major property damage or the likelihood of such results) was already on the rise, from 123 incidents in 2001 to 172 in 2003.

But then the 2004 report [5], due to be published in March 2005, revealed that the number of incidents had spiked to an incredible 2,177, including 625 “significant” incidents, even though the report excluded attacks on U.S. occupation forces in Iraq. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice took decisive action, not to urgently review this dangerous failure of U.S. policy, but to suppress the report. We only know what it said thanks to whistleblowers who leaked it to the media, and to Larry Johnson [6], an ex-CIA and State Department terrorism expert and a member of Ray McGovern’s Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity [7].
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 04:15 pm
"You can't beat this place for entertainment." -- Setanta
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:58 am
"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 06:01 am
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."
- George Eliot (1819-1880)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 08:58 am
“When people are intimidated about having their own opinions, oppression is at hand.”
― Jimmy Carter
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 01:21 pm
"I'm no fool no siree, I'm gonna live to be 93"-Jiminy Cricket
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 08:07 pm
“We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.”
― Winston Churchill
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:58 am
“My childhood was surrounded by trouble, illness, and my dad's alcoholism, but as I said, we just didn't have the time to be impressed by all those misfortunes. I have an idea that the Irish possess a built-in don't-give-a-damn that helps them through all the stress.”
― James Cagney
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 05:02 am
“Shaw is like a train. One just speaks the words and sits in one's place. But Shakespeare is like bathing in the sea - one swims where one wants.”
― Vivien Leigh
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 05:00 am
“Once victim, always victim-that's the law.”
― Thomas Hardy, Thomas Hardy: Tess of the D'Urbervilles; The Mayor of Casterbridge; Far from the Madding Crowd
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 04:57 am
“The public is despotic in its temper; it is capable of denying common justice when too strenuously demanded as a right; but quite as frequently it awards more than justice, when the appeal is made, as despots love to have it made, entirely to its generosity.”
― Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:19 am
“How can you know what is missing if you’ve never met it? You must know of something’s existence before you can notice its absence. ”
― E.L. Konigsburg
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 10:49 am
@vonny,
". . . ; but only the faintest echo of the great tale has come down to me."

Virgil. The Aeneid.
0 Replies