Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:05 am
@Germlat,
Make some ripples where you live. Demand that the Bush/Cheney war criminals be brought to justice. Demand that Obama be brought to justice. Demand that the USA stop its two centuries long war crimes and terrorism.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 03:27 pm
“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.”
― Nelson Mandela
tontoiam

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 12:17 am
@vonny,
You're starting to scare me.
vonny

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:11 am
@tontoiam,
“Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.”
― C. JoyBell C.
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 06:48 am
@vonny,
"If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time."

Marcel Proust.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 08:00 am
“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 08:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Amen, brother!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 09:11 am
"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk." -Henry David Thoreau
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 01:22 pm
“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
― Stephen King
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 01:56 pm
أما أن تقتل أمريكا من شاءت من المسلمين وتحتل ما شاءت من بلاد الإسلام وتعتدي على الاعراض وتنتهك الحرمات وتمتهن المقدسات الإسلامية ثم تقوم بعض الدول في بلاد الإسلام بإقامة العلاقات وتبادل السفراء معها وتمكينها من تحقيق مصالحها في بلاد الإسلام كما هو شأن أي دولة أخرى مسالمة غير محاربة فهذا يعني موالاتها في حربها على الإسلام وإعانتها على قتال المسلمين .

سلامية ثم تقوم بعض-

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 02:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The translator function turns the quote into gibberish.
timur

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not a good translator, then.

That's a quote that could have been posted by JTT.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 02:50 pm
@timur,
Is there such a thing as a good translator, Timur, Internet wise?
timur

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 02:54 pm
@JTT,
Obviously not and I have said so in many instances.

However, when you are used to languages you can easily infer what is being said.

That text is not difficult to translate.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 02:56 pm
@timur,
Don't recognize that language atall but it always fascinates me how a series of scribbles can communicate so much.
timur

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:05 pm
@JTT,
Well, I guess many people, using different alphabets, have the same reaction towards your own language.
JTT

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:11 pm
@timur,
Of course, Timur. Given my views on the beauty that is language don't you think it unfair to suggest that I was, in any fashion, maligning that script. It's only its "foreignness", due solely to my ignorance as to meaning, that brought out those thoughts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:14 pm
The kill America wants Muslims and occupies what she wants from the land of Islam and attack on the symptoms and violate sanctities and humiliating Islamic sanctities and then some countries in the Islamic countries to establish relations and exchange ambassadors with it and enable them to pursue their interests in the land of Islam, as is the case with any other peaceful non-combat it means Mwaladtha in its war against Islam and to help them fight the Muslims. Salamah and then some -

I get enough of a gist to see what you mean. But what I said still goes.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:19 pm
@timur,
Timur: That text is not difficult to translate.

If you wouldn't mind then, could you, Timur? With all due deference to Edgar, that is a god awful translation.
timur

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:38 pm
@JTT,
I cannot do it now as I'm leaving but I will post another translation later on..
0 Replies