@spendius,
Quote:
"Cold weather is Nature's way of getting us to work harder."

A character in a Soap

There are things that prevent us.

anonymously99

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 06:35 pm
@anonymously99,
Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

-anonymous
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:12 pm
@anonymously99,
I'm earnest.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:20 pm
@anonymously99,
Simon Wiesenthal didn't think so.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:23 pm
@anonymously99,
The Zac Brown boys sing pretty but they sure are wussies.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
@JTT,
And you're full of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:11 am
“We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals, we now know that it is bad economics.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:07 am
“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
― J.K. Rowling
vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:09 am
“You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.”
― James Baldwin
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:08 pm
@vonny,
I think Mr Baldwin meant to read properly and only those books which are worth reading in that not very easy way.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
“Once, I ordered two thousand lady bugs from the local garden center and set them loose in the atrium. I sprinkled marigold seeds in the ficus planters and put gold fish in the lobby fountain. These are things I did with no consequences, no repercussions. My nineteen detentions were for smart answers and missed homework. There is no equivalent punishment for making the world a stranger place.”
― Brenna Yovanoff
0 Replies

tontoiam

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 08:49 pm
@vonny,
"Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts youi, it probably hurts the person too."

- anonymous

"Never tel,l your problems t,o anyone... 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."

- Lou Holtz

"Adv,ice is what w,e ask for when we already know the answer b,ut wish we didn't."

- Erica Jong
tontoiam

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:13 pm
@tontoiam,
Maybe I should clarify.

"I love all. No one in particular. I'm cold hearted and am the result of a lifetime of pain. It won't stop. I'm like the mirror I gaze into - reflecting the pain inflicted on me. Majority of my comments are sarcastic. Not meant to be taken seriously. most of the time. Don't love me. You'll only be disappointed. I'm sorry. Sincerely. As a tear falls from my left eye. Maybe that's why the devil insists I'm perfect for hell."

- anonymous
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 05:56 am
“I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood.”
― Clarence Darrow
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:29 am
" My mother said the cure for thinking too much about yourself was helping somebody who was worse off than you."
--Sylvia Plath
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:39 am
@Germlat,
The problem I see with that Germie is that it implies that helping somebody can been seen as selfish.

The cure is better effected by immersion in the work of a good story-teller. Whether a book, or a movie or Nature.

Thinking too much about the self is dangerous. The myth of Narcissus stands for all time to point that out and one might say it is one of the many examples where myth meets science. Anybody who belittles myth is a fool. They all have a deep truth at their core. They would not have stood the test of time otherwise.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 09:26 am
"Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water- it will make ripples throughout the entire pond..."
--Jessy and Bryan Matteo
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:02 am
@Germlat,
The worse off than you would be the hundreds of millions brutalized by the USA in its long history of terrorism and war crimes, Germlat.

Look at these:

http://www.holywar.org/txt/027.htm
0 Replies