Your Quote of the Day

JTT

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 07:04 pm
@vonny,
That was easy for Thomas to say. This "all men are created equal" hypocrite had a bunch of folk to do all his work for him. Lazy ****, eh, Vonny?
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 08:21 pm
@JTT,
What you have is called Asperger's disease. Get help..
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 08:38 pm
@Germlat,
I think you've diagnosed his ailment properly! He has an extreme case of it.
JTT

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:26 pm
@Germlat,
What you have is head firmly stuck in rectum disease, Germlat. For you there is likely no hope. Same for CI.

---------
It is hard to reach Americans regarding America. It’s not a place so much as a mindset. For myself, I got out of that mindset quite by accident, but it also took some effort. When confronted by contradictions that made me uncomfortable, I did not stuff them away and ignore them.
-- Mark Tokarski

anonymously99

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:29 pm
@JTT,
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Robert Frost

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 05:57 am
“And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence”
― Bertrand Russell
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:36 pm
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
- Albert Schweitzer
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 04:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wink Smile
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 04:36 pm
@vonny,
"Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts ."
Alan Cohen
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 09:11 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I think quite the opposite vonny. I think "average" is a very nice word and that everything meaningful and worthwhile derives from it.

Agreed. Viz. Aristotle's 'Golden Mean.'
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 10:02 pm
@Germlat,
@vonny,
"Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts ."
Alan Cohen
------------------------
Are thankful thoughts the ones that attempt to hide the rapacious behavior of a rogue terrorist nation and its attack poodles?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 06:03 am
“O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.”
― William Shakespeare, Othello
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:43 am
It amazes me that some Christians believe on faith the most unlikely things because they're written in a book but go pale and shout blasphemy if someone suggests that God the creator used natural laws of His own creation to move life along an evolutionary path.- That's a personal quote.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 10:02 am
Please God, make my words today sweet and tender, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.
- Anonymous
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 12:45 pm
@vonny,
I wonder if Agent Orange and depleted uranium taste sweet to the victims of UK and USA war crimes.
-- jtt
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 12:58 pm
@JTT,
It's probably the least of their worries
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 01:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, such topics are verboten at a2k, Bear. If you did discuss such events you would become a persona non grata.
Germlat

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 01:44 pm
@JTT,
Das ist nicht richtig meine Liebe. Verboten?! Bist du wach? Im Ernst ? Simply trying to give you something to do...you seem bored.
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 03:22 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat: Im Ernst
------

I thought you were Germlat.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 06:19 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
Please God, make my words today sweet and tender, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.
- Anonymous

I'll eat you, you **** head.
-anon
0 Replies