Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 05:54 am
“Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.”
― William Shakespeare
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 09:39 am
" The person who comes up to you and makes the most noise, and is the most intrusive is invariably the person in the room who has no respect for you at all, and it's really all about them."
Robbie Coltrane
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 09:49 am
@Germlat,
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 09:53 am
“You don't know who is important to you until you actually lose them.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:06 am
The vast body of (US) declassified documents is essential to the crux of the complaint, that the U.S. government is responsible for the damages claimed, because it confirms the ultimate legal responsibility of the U.S., regardless of the status of the individual perpetrators of the murderous acts. Indeed, the evidence of direct, official U.S. involvement in training, paying, supplying, and directing the actual perpetrators of the fatal bombings, shootings, arson, and torture is, in most cases, overwhelming.

-- William Schapp: speaking of the 40 years of terrorist actions by the USA against Cuba
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:09 am
@vonny,
Do you think Gandhi was referring to British invaders of his land, Vonny? I suppose that is possible.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
@JTT,
You are using this platform to express anti-American sentiment. You are misconstruing anything and everything others are saying. You have no clear idea of my personal sentiments on the matter, and I have no interested in discussing these on this particular thread. You are trying to force things in a direction nobody is interested in following. Also you are being pushy and rude. I simply want to exchange interesting quotes about life and living. This is the main reason I've tried to avoid your efforts. If you start a thread on the subject you are interested in, you'll be more satisfied with your efforts. Please refrain from addressing me further.
Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:33 am
@vonny,
"The talent to being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have"
Woody Allen
vonny

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:47 am
@Germlat,
“That's the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone having a good fecking laugh.”

― Chuck Palahniuk
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:11 am
@Germlat,
Germlat: You have no clear idea of my personal sentiments on this matter.

You have made them quite clear, Germlat. You have made apologies for clear USA terrorist actions against Cuba.

G: You are trying to force things in a direction nobody is interested in following.

No one is forced to reply. Who are you to say what can and can't be discussed on any given thread? Where are those American ideals that you think are so fantastic? You sound awfully shallow now.

G: I simply want to exchange interesting quotes about life and living.

Me too. There are others in the world that would love that luxury that you take for granted but they are too busy trying to scrape a living from a desolate landscaped destroyed by USA bombers and WMDs.

Do you have any idea how many die and are maimed each day by left over cluster bombs, mines and other ordnance planted in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Laos, ... ?

But you go ahead and write your quotes about love and life.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:15 am
@vonny,
A girl born without eyes sits in a cot at the Peace Village at Tu Du hospital in Ho Chi Minh City February 3, 2004. [Reuters]

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:17 am
Pheak, 12 years old, was brought to the city by his parents to beg.
Armless, legless, he is fed and cared for by his brother.

http://www.whale.to/b/nguyen.html
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:54 am
The U.S. was born out of ethnic cleansing, a violent process that had started long before 1776 and would not be complete until 1900. In other words, more than half of America’s existence (about 53%) has been marked by the active process of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, which was ultimately all but destroyed.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/we-re-at-war-and-we-have-been-since-1776/
anonymously99

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:19 pm
@JTT,
"You know," Clary said, "most psychologists agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction."

- Cassandra Clare

Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:22 pm
"All you have to do ( to win a Pulitzer price) is spend your life running from one awful place to another, write about every horrible thing you see. The civilized world reads about it, then forgets it, but pats you on the head for doing it and gives you a reward as appreciation for changing nothing ."
--David Baldacci, The Christmas Train.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:23 pm
@anonymously99,
Is Cassandra a pulp fiction writer, A?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:26 pm
@Germlat,
A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence.
--Richard Dawkins
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:46 pm
@Germlat,
"Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile."
Abu Bakr
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:59 pm
@Germlat,
Without knowledge action is useless ...
-----

So true. Knowledge will set you free.

Hitler’s concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies in English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for Native Americans in the wild west; to his inner circle he often praised the efficiency of America’s extermination – by starvation and uneven combat – of the “red savages” who could not be tamed by captivity.[1]

------

Interesting. Hitler learned his "craft" from the UK and the USA.

Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:04 pm
@JTT,
Yep...this blind eye is what prolonged the Holocaust.