Your Quote of the Day

Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:06 pm
Back to quotes
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:07 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat: @JTT,
Wide latitude simply means having a choice amongst many...

------------------

No, that's not how you used it, Germlat. You seem to be quickly learning thee most crucial American trait - the art of deception. Come on, be honest. You probably got more PMs in the last day than phone calls in your whole life.

And it doesn't trouble you at all that these are your wide latitude thinkers?

Germlat: By the way I'm not American...

So you've mentioned.

PM message: (from a wide latitude thinker)
"But you would like to be, right, Fräulein? That's a very nice house you have."

Germlat: It sucks to be envied.

It's just so hard to decide - which american holocaust do I wish my country could have committed?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:09 pm
@Germlat,
"Back to quotes".

Your PM is ringing off the hook?

If you hope to be, or become a wide latitude thinker, you really have to take Mark Tokarski's quote to heart.
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:44 pm
@JTT,
What's your country of origin ? You are so entitled to being "good". BTW repeating something over and over again doesn't make you right...but it does make you sound like a parrot
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:48 pm
@JTT,
I prefer Mark Twain
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:52 pm
@Germlat,
And we all understand.
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:52 pm
@spendius,
Who is we? Are you a legion?
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:53 pm
@Germlat,
You still have time to escape this wide latitude of thinking that you believe you have landed in, Germlat. Heed Mark Tokarski's words.

------------

If the Nuremberg Laws were Applied...
Noam Chomsky
Delivered around 1990

http://www.chomsky.info/talks/1990----.htm

If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged. By violation of the Nuremberg laws I mean the same kind of crimes for which people were hanged in Nuremberg. And Nuremberg means Nuremberg and Tokyo. So first of all you've got to think back as to what people were hanged for at Nuremberg and Tokyo. And once you think back, the question doesn't even require a moment's waste of time. For example, one general at the Tokyo trials, which were the worst, General Yamashita, was hanged on the grounds that troops in the Philippines, which were technically under his command (though it was so late in the war that he had no contact with them -- it was the very end of the war and there were some troops running around the Philippines who he had no contact with), had carried out atrocities, so he was hanged. Well, try that one out and you've already wiped out everybody. think back as to what people were hanged for at Nuremberg and Tokyo. And once you think back, the question doesn't even require a moment's waste of time. For example, one general at the Tokyo trials, which were the worst, General Yamashita, was hanged on the grounds that troops in the Philippines, which were technically under his command (though it was so late in the war that he had no contact with them -- it was the very end of the war and there were some troops running around the Philippines who he had no contact with), had carried out atrocities, so he was hanged. Well, try that one out and you've already wiped out everybody.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:02 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Who is we? Are you a legion?

Yes. Our funding is being ruthlessly cut back though.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:06 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat: I prefer Mark Twain.

I think you will find that he is a bit too much of a wide latitude thinker for your liking, Germlat.

----------------------
Mark Twain
October 15, 1900

“We have pacified some thousands of the islanders and buried them; destroyed their fields; burned their villages, and turned their widows and orphans out-of-doors; furnished heartbreak by exile to some dozens of disagreeable patriots; subjugated the remaining ten millions by Benevolent Assimilation, which is the pious new name of the musket; we have acquired property in the three hundred concubines and other slaves of our business partner, the Sultan of Sulu, and hoisted our protecting flag over that swag.
“And so, by these providences of god — and the phrase is the government’s, not mine — we are a World Power.”

— Mark Twain
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:14 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
“And so, by these providences of god — and the phrase is the government’s, not mine — we are a World Power.”

Which Twain was a significant beneficiary of and which precluded him looking for the cause. Which Jane Austen didn't allow herself to do.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:26 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat: BTW repeating something over and over again doesn't make you right...
------------

But hearing the same things repeating over and over by noted scholars, most of them American should, at the least cause a wide latitude thinker some measure of pause, don't you think?

And why are these wide latitude thinkers that you hope to become ensconsed with so silent? Have you not wondered why their silence is so deafening?

If these things that larger numbers of USA and world scholars are writing with each passing day are not true, surely wide latitude thinkers could shoot them down in a flash.

Ask yourself, Germlat.
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:47 pm
@JTT,
Not at all! You're quite boring! Tackle a new thread. This one is meant for quotes.
anonymously99stwin

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:51 pm
@Germlat,
"Never get mad; be forgiving, understanding, and loving."

- Anon Wink
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:07 pm
@Germlat,
You have clearly been infected, my dear, and your symptoms indicate it's terminal I'm afraid.

Fight it, fight it, ask questions, encourage your fellow travelers to use their noggins. Do not forsake those wide thinkers.

Germlat:
Tackle a new thread. This one is meant for quotes.

--------------

That's a big favorite of the wide thinkers when they are up a stump.

Now all those questions I have posed shouldn't be that hard for a wide thinker. Recruit some of the folks who PMed you.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:12 pm
@Germlat,
“The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them.”

― Harold Pinter
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:13 pm
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”
― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
"I'm patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"
Edith Sitwell
anonymously99stwin

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

- William Shakespere

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:40 pm
@anonymously99stwin,

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- William Shakespere
-----------------

Hear that USA?