Your Quote of the Day

germiona67

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Love one another. - George Harrison
vonny

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 02:13 pm
@germiona67,
When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.
- George Harrison
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:35 am
“Mr. Wonka: "Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted."
Charlie Bucket: "What happened?"
Mr. Wonka: "He lived happily ever after.”
― Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 05:10 pm
Alexander Leek: If there was a car crash ten blocks away, that window washer up there could probably see it.
Now, that doesn't mean he's God, or even smarter than we are. But from where he's sitting, he can see a little further down the road.
- John Keel, The Mothman Prophecies
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 05:25 pm
"Love looks through a telescope; envy through a microscope."
-- Josh Billings
vonny

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:01 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
-- Hal Borland
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:02 pm
A life without love is like a year without summer.
-- Swedish Proverb
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 08:11 pm
“The forceps of our minds are clumsy forceps, and crush the truth a little in taking hold of it.”
― H.G. Wells
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 08:23 pm
"Life is a bridge. Cross over it, but build no house on it."
Indian proverb
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 05:23 am
It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away.
Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Said pictures have not been displayed any place I could see them that I know of. Smile
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:46 pm
"You can do anything in this world if you are prepared to take the consequences."
-- W. Somerset Maugham
JTT

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You can run and hide in the Your Quote of the Day thread when you are woefully ill prepared to deal with the consequences of your own actions.

Unknown
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 06:58 pm
“It is wrong to expect a reward for your struggles. The reward is the act of struggle itself, not what you win. Even though you can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world, you must make that attempt. That's morality, that's religion. That's art. That's life.”
― Phil Ochs
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:34 am
“Blood may be thicker than water, but it's certainly not as thick as ketchup. Nor does it go as well with French fries.”
― Jarod Kintz
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 01:42 pm
"Ignorance is when you don't know something and somebody finds out."
-- Jethro Burns
vonny

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 02:11 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
“If an optimist had his left arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say in a pleasant and hopeful voice, "Well this isn't too bad, I don't have a left arm anymore but at least nobody will ever ask me if I'm left-handed or right-handed," but most of us would say something more along the lines of, "Aaaaaa! My arm! My arm!”
― Lemony Snicket
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:22 pm
“Since I don't smoke, I decided to grow a mustache - it is better for the health.
However, I always carried a jewel-studded cigarette case in which, instead of tobacco, were carefully placed several mustaches, Adolphe Menjou style. I offered them politely to my friends: "Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?"
Nobody dared to touch them. This was my test regarding the sacred aspect of mustaches.”
― Salvador Dalí, Dalí's Mustache
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:15 am
'Ceptin' Alice
- Arlo Guthrie
vonny

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 01:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
“Perhaps if we saw what was ahead of us, and glimpsed the follies, and misfortunes that would befall us later on, we would all stay in our mother's wombs, and then there would be nobody in the world but a great number of very fat, very irritated women.”
― Lemony Snicket
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 04:54 pm
“Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air.”
thomas grey