Detroit
Tennessee
Houston
Cleveland
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
San Diego
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4809/arizonacardinalslogoy.gif!!!
San Francisco
Dallas
New England
Denver, 27-17
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 03:38 am
@realjohnboy,
OK, I have read the tea leaves (a rather boring read), and here are my picks for the first week.

New Orleans
Chicago
Philadelphia
Detroit
Tennessee
Houston
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
San Diego
Arizona
Seattle
NY Jets
New England
Denver 24-14
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:17 am
@realjohnboy,
Happy New Season all.

I had decided not to play this year because it is too easy leaving a bunch of Yanks toiling in the rear but Johnnie has invited me and I'm a very polite sort of person who never refuses an invitation without a good reason and it being a piece of cake is not all that embarrassing when I come to think it through.

So here goes

Green Bay
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Houston
Clevland
Kansas City
Baltimore
NY Giants
San Diego
Arizona
San Francisco
NY Jets
New England
Denver. 28--17.
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:37 am
@spendius,
I can't see how Coin Toss can avoid coming to 50/50, give or take a small statistical error, over 270 or so games and thus is a complete waste of time. The more seasons CT is operated over the stupider it gets because the more games there are the closer to 50/50 it gets. And 50/50 won't win this game.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:30 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I had decided not to play this year because it is too easy leaving a bunch of Yanks toiling in the rear but Johnnie has invited me and I'm a very polite sort of person who never refuses an invitation without a good reason and it being a piece of cake is not all that embarrassing when I come to think it through.

blah ... blah ... blah

Looking forward to kicking your ass this year!
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 12:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
That's the spirit Tico.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 12:30 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I can't see how Coin Toss can avoid coming to 50/50, and thus is a complete waste of time.

I wont speak to how Coin Toss/Coin Toss might respond to the "complete waste of time" charge. CT/CT fantasizes about beating the odds someday in the same way that buyers of lottery tickets get to dream about someday beating odds that are a lot worse than 50/50.
Perhaps you are referring to my wasting time on CT/CT. Could be, but you should realize that I have to fill a couple hours of airtime a week for the next 4 or 5 months. I encourage trash talking, which you are pretty adept at.
Thanks for playing along.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 03:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
My picks for week #1:
Green Bay
Chicago
St Louis (gasp)
Detroit
Tenn
Houston
Cleveland
Buffalo (gasp)
Baltimore
Washington
San Diego
Arizona
Seattle
NY Jets
New England
Denver (30-20)
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 05:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
A week away almost to the hour from the 1st game...which should be a good one - New Orleans @ Green Bay.
8 players in so far. I looked back to see how they had done in {Year 6} and [Year 7]. I think I got my years straight; this is #8.
Spendius {1} and [1] is clearly the player to beat.
After that, in no particular order, is JohnBoy {4} [11]; Osso {12} [7]; Jespah {24} [21]; Mysteryman {21} [15]; Tico {12} [15]; McGentrix {2} [10], Cowdoc {11} [11].
I have 12 other players committed to play, I think, and I am chasing a few others.
We have, alas, no new players. That surprises and disappoints me.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 05:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
Errrrr, what does 4, 11 mean, or 12, 7, or 24, 21?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 06:07 pm
@ossobuco,
In {2009-2010} you finished in {12th}. In [2010-2011] you improved to [7th] amongst the players.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 06:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

AND WE ARE OFF! Remember that picks for all games - plus the final score in the Oakland @ Denver game are due by kickoff of the Thursday, September 8th game.
realjohnboy wrote:

Here is the schedule for Week #1 to show you the format:
Thursday, September 8th:
New Orleans @ Green Bay
Sunday, September 11th:
Atlanta @ Chicago
Philadelphia @ St Louis
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Buffalo @ Kansas City
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
NY Giants @ Washington
Minnesota @ San Diego
Carolina @ Arizona
Seattle @ San Francisco
Dallas @ NY Jets
Monday, September 12th:
New England @ Miami
Oakland @ Denver (+ final score)

You can post your picks in any format, such as NO, Atl, Phil...or you can take the time to explain your choices. Or trash talk.
Remember that you can change your picks, so there is no penalty for picking early.
There are some other rules, but I will get into them once I remember what they are.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:52 pm
New Orleans
Chicago
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Tennessee
Houston
Cleveland
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Washington
San Diego
Carolina
Seattle
Dallas
Miami
Oakland 17 - 13
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 08:08 pm
Football seasonal greetings to all! Sure am glad all over that the NFL season started on time.

Mulling things over.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 08:17 pm
Excellent, Ragman. I had you on my nag list for tomorrow.
Ragman is good at this, finishing in 7th place in 2009-2010 and in 3rd in 2010-2011.
Edgar, who posted his picks earlier did not finish close to the top, but maybe this will be his year to shine.
If anyone has seen Liontamerx and Lmur, please let them know I am looking for them.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:27 pm
Your title for this thread fooled me. I thought it was one of those fantasy football things. That's why it took your invitation to get me here.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:37 am
@realjohnboy,

(the use of both {curvy} and [straight] brackets is duly noted and appreciated...)
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:56 am
Green Bay
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Detroit (Hi, Alex!)
Jacksonville
Houston
Cleveland
Kansas City
Baltimore
Washington
San Diego
Arizona (Hi, Tico!)
San Francisco
Dallas
New England

Denver (24-21)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 06:27 am
@realjohnboy,
I don't want to be thought picky Johnnie or getting up anybody's nose, apart from Tico's, but why don't you use the same thread every season. As soon as you activate the new season it would appear on all our My Posts and you wouldn't need to go to all the trouble of looking for us. And we could use it to report on close season shenanigans.
Ragman

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:08 am
@realjohnboy,
Thanks, RJB. I think I've been doing this for about 5 years. FWIW, not that it means a thing, I also had a first place and/or a second place finish a few yrs back when we're 18 players.
0 Replies