What does it mean to dream of black eyes?

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 03:18 pm
Every once in a while, I will have this dream where I am jogging around this parking lot next to a club, sometimes these dogs get loose and run with me, and sometimes my dad runs with me, but usually I run alone, and I'll go in the club for a while, realize its a bunch of weird people, and climb back down the ladder to the parking lot and resume my running. Then, I run into this underground parking lot where these two tall guys chase me into a building there. In there are other people and there is a guy who we cant see, he talks through the intercom system. But basically, we run through the building trying to find ways out, and Im always the last survivor, and right as I think im to die, I see someone with solid black eyes, such as a janitor or a picture on the wall, and it wakes me up. Normally, Im pretty good about realizing its a dream and pulling out of it, but these are the only dreams I cant pull out of, its like im stuck, and then i see the black eyes, and Im out. Why? What does this mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,992 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ryoung

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:36 pm
it means nothing, its just a dream.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:44 pm
@ryoung,
Ditto on the clear and concise thing ryoung just said.
0 Replies

PhoebeKate

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 03:32 am
@7madison2,
Maybe the black eyes signify it is time open your own eyes and wake up from your dream. By the way, what color are your eyes? Shocked
0 Replies

ElizVanZee

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:35 pm
@7madison2,
The scene suggests that when seeing yourself jogging - running for exercise - you see yourself following a spiritual course of action (around), that is, one designed by God's thinking and one that relates to grounds of reasoning used by rational, logical thinking (cars) but here this rational thinking comes to a stop. (a parking lot)

Running with dogs implies jogging with a feeling of loyalty (to the jogging?) but as there is more than one dog this is not a positive or good feeling of loyalty. As the dogs "get loose", it indicates that this feeling of loyalty is not being kept under proper control. Sometimes you use an old way of thinking that would seem to be for your own protection (dad) for emotional support for the idea of jogging.

Going into the club can imply getting into a situation similar to that of other people (who are joggers?) but the True Self sees these people as being "weird". While it seems assumed that you saw your self in a gaining position (going up a ladder) when "joining the cub", it now is a losing one (climb back down the ladder), one from which you may need to back down or out of. But you continue to run.

You see yourself making fast progress (running) going into a situation where rational thinking stops (a parking lot) and where higher, more intelligent grounds of reasoning have been undermined. (underground lot). Two tall 'guys' indicate some poor thinking which appears ideal or perhaps intelligent but is negative (#2) and pressures you to get into some man-made philosophy which has been built up to seem very important. (chase me into a building) Within this philosophy or mental attitude is found ideas which are other than good ideas (other people) and poor thinking coming of a point of view (another room as implied by the intercom) which the True Self cannot see or give any recognition to.(guy we can't see) You need to make a big effort (run) to get out of this way of thinking. Being the last survivor implies that all the other people have been caught, meaning that on an emotional level you have been "had". Trying to get out of this mental attitude (building) may feel emotionally devastating (about to die)

What wakes you up, what brings you to a greater state of awareness is seeing that the idea of maintaining the philosophy (janitor) or that an idea supported by the ego (picture on wall) comes with black eyes, that is, comes of an unenlightened, negative and even evil belief system. You seem stuck in your own Dream World created by emotion and imagination where the idea of jogging is involved. [What people fail to realize is that acts carry symbolical meaning which can set us up for future events. You don't want to have to "run scared" in future.]
0 Replies

ElizVanZee

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:43 pm
@ryoung,
All dreams carry a meaning - BUT it does take a lot of studying and knowledge of symbols to see this. (It is a lot easier on one's head to simply say it is "just a dream" meaning nothing.
0 Replies