Is it ok to report things to management that you just can't handle?

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 04:52 am

Like if a coworker don't like u, management can make her, right? I mean if she had a legit reason to hate you (i.e. you treated her bad or otherwise acted stupid) then that's different. But if she disliked you from DAY 1 for NO reason, then that's unreasonable. Surely management could make her like you? I mean that's y they're managers...bc they have power.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,361 • Replies: 11

djjd62

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:10 am
@dirrtydozen22,
management doesn't care if employees don't like each other, unless it's affecting the workplace, and then they'll get rid of the person causing trouble, which from my point of view is you in every situation

if any of the stuff you say about yourself is true, you need to get professional help
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:14 am
Why would you care if some asshole you'd never met before you went to work there likes you? **** her . . . ignore her. If she actively harrasses you, then yes, report her to management. Otherwise, they're going to consider you a trouble-maker, and they'll be right.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:15 am
Oh, and nobody can "make" someone like anyone else. That's idiotic.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:21 am
@dirrtydozen22,
DD22, Managers are not kindergarten teachers. They just want employees to work. No one is going to like someone who tries to force a friendship on them. It's creepy and it makes people feel stalked. I know it's hard for you, but you have to leave people alone and just do your job, or you are going to get fired again.

DJ, she says she does have a therapist, but from what I've seen of her posts lately I think the problems are getting worse.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:26 am
@Green Witch,
Well it never got any better. idk about worse though. I just have shitload of questions to help me stop being clueless.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:36 am
@dirrtydozen22,
DD, I think your obsessions are more intense than when you first started posting. Maybe it's because you are more comfortable with us now after all the interaction. One big change I see is that you are making up scenarios in order to rope people in, and I'm not sure you did that in the past. It's not that you are clueless (you show real intelligence), but your problem seem to be an sort of Asperger's OCD and no one here is qualified to really help you deal with it. I think our replies just help you indulge in your inability to let daily work upsets go and move on. I don't think we are doing you any good and maybe even making your problems worse.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 07:41 am
@Green Witch,
I did the pee at work story bc it's so funny, not bc it's true (it isn't.) I'm also trying to learn some concepts of work relationships so I ask questions.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 08:13 am
@dirrtydozen22,
No - if some one doesn't like you, management can't do anything about it. You cannot force some one to like you - my 8 year old knows this for the love of Pete.

However, if some one is acting disrespectful or inappropriate, management can address - they can address an appropriate act, but not some one's feelings.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 08:19 am
@dirrtydozen22,
Quote:
But if she disliked you from DAY 1 for NO reason, then that's unreasonable.

You're ignoring the obvious bit that many people ARE IRRATIONAL and they hold IRRATIONAL REASONS for what and whom they like, dislike, love, hate, fear, etc....
Quote:
I mean that's y they're managers...bc they have power.

Most managers are human. They follow the above clause of irrationality as well. Plus they tend not to be superhuman and don't have that king like power to force people to change their social opinions regarding the liking/tolerating of others. They can place conditions on their employment where if the offending employee doesn't try and at least ACT congenial or at least not villain like and confrontational then consequences might be shared be all parties involved.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 08:41 am
Management just wants you to shut the **** up and work that register like a thoroughbred at the Preakness. The regional directors to whom management reports just want them to shut the **** up and work you like a cash register. The executives to whom the regional directors report just want them to shut the **** up and work management like a cashier. And so on, until all that's left is one asshole and his harem of boyservants sipping vodka and Lemonata on a yacht in the Caymans.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 08:56 am
@Green Witch,
I agree! And I really think DD22 needs some intensive therapy, ASAP. I mean, in-patient therapy. I don't know what happened to her in her youth, but she really, really needs help. It's the same situations all the time, over and over and over again, and there is little rationality in her questions, plus, her behaviour is extreme.
0 Replies