Boehner's Five Day Ultimatum on Libya

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 05:55 am
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/14/boehner-gives-obama-friday-deadline-libya/

Quote:

Stepping up a simmering constitutional conflict, House Speaker John A. Boehner warned President Obama on Tuesday that unless he gets authorization from Congress for his military deployment in Libya, he will be in violation of the War Powers Resolution.

In a letter sent Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Boehner, the top Republican in the constitutional chain of succession, said Mr. Obama must provide a clear justification for committing troops to Libya by Friday. Sunday marks the 90th day since the president notified Congress that U.S. troops had been committed to help enforce a no-fly zone over Libya, which is designed to protect the rebels fighting Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s government...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 623 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JTT

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 11:51 am
@gungasnake,
Boehner's just yanking his boner.
talk72000

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 11:56 am
@gungasnake,
This is one time I agree with Republicans on. America is already on bad straits with the Muslim world. There is no indication that the "rebels" are the majority of the Libyans. Benghazi has a population of only half a million but the oilfields all surround Benghazi It is like have Texans rebelling and trying to take over the United States as all the oil fields surourround or are in Texas.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:41 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Boehner's just yanking his boner.

Oh, my goodness yes. Of course, if it were anyone but Obama in the White House, our participation would be a major war crime.
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:48 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Oh, my goodness yes. Of course, if it were anyone but Obama in the White House, our participation would be a major war crime.

Idiot Roger jumping to idiotic conclusions yet again. The war crimes were started by Bush and the gang. But that doesn't mean the war crimes have ended. Everything that flows from an illegal invasion is a war crime.

They just keep mounting and mounting, Roger.

But I'll make careful note of the fact that you'd rather get in a jab than express any concern about the millions of people who have been so badly victimized by none other than you and yours.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:13 pm
@JTT,
Ya got me good this time, JTT. I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:32 pm
@roger,
Yeah right, Roger.
0 Replies