Does she still live me? Do I have a chance with her?

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:51 am
Brace yourself for a long but true tale. This spans from 2007-2011, so sorry if I made it too long. There's just A LOT to be said.

Ok, this about me trying to get into a relationship as opposed to actually being in one. I am 18 right now turning 19 in July of this year. And just graduated high school last year.

This is about a crush I had my Sophomore ,early Jr., and late Senior year of high school.

Ok it all started the beginning of my 10th grade year. At first I remember she seemed like she didn't like me when I first came to the school, and based on my convo's with her earlier on, she seemed annoyed with my personality(remember this as I'll bring it up again). But over some time we talked and talked, and got to know each other better. We also started flirting A LOT!! It came around Winter Formal time, she didn't have a date, and I was gonna ask her to go with me. But a girl in my class(who was pretty cute) wrote me a note and asked me to go with her. I said yes because I didn't want to be mean, and me and her were sort friends. So I went with her.

I also remember one time with her. She got in trouble for something, and she freaked out and started crying after school, and I just hugged her and told her everything would be ok. It was a deep hug.

That year, the flirtation just went on, but we remained just friends. She was supportive of me in all the sports I played, and my are(me and her loved art). She laughed at anything I would say, me and her would always sit and talk before our basketball games. She also made jokes about how we should move in after high school.

Now onto Jr year. Me and her are still friends, and we get a bit closer. Then bam another girl comes into the picture. And like two weeks after, a bunch of friends of mine tells me she likes me. This girl has been to the school previous years, left, then came back so a lot of people knew her. So I asked my friends who should I have asked out? Girl one(my current crush) or girl two(my ex)? A lot of them said girl two, and I was dumb and did it around the time of the dance, and some of the friends of girl one, asked me why I didn't choose to go to the dance with her, cause she wanted to go with me very badly(yeah I know, I feel like a douche). When I heard that, I felt soooo dumb and insensitive, and I never even talked to her about it.

So while I was dating this girl she seemed to become a bit awkward and distant from me, actually most of the girls that were close to me did the same. One time she joked and said, "If she saw you around me she'd cut your p**is off(haha, she's a very sarcastic person)". Somewhere along the line she dated another guy who was a lot more popular than me. I was a tad bit jealous, but tried not to show it. But they lasted like 1 month. So the rest of my Jr. year was sort of taken over by my relationship.

Sr. year is where things get a little more interesting. It was my big break up(after 11 months), I was pretty much cheated on, and it hurt. So after going through a whole month of drama, I broke it off. Me and girl one started talking a lot again.

My break up happened around school dance(crazy how the Winter Formal is like a character in this whole thing). And I was left dateless, my friends mom hooked me up with someone OUTSIDE of school. So I never got to go to the dance with her. I always felt if I asked her out, she'd say no , and it'd compromise our friendship.

Now after graduation I didn't see or hear a word from her in months. Until like 6 months after in December she finally made a FACEBOOK. And once she made it, I was like the first person she added and messaged. We talked(she posted on my wall), and caught up on a few things. The first thing she said, was she missed me, and it ended with us both saying we love each other(not romantically I guess). But it's something we always kinda said said.

She was always very hard to read so, but this Facebook thing was the beginning of my current dilemma. We would flirt a bit on FB, and make a lot of jokes.

One time a friend of mine posted something like "How come people always come to me for relationship advice, I've NEVER dated!!!" As her status. Then I jokingly made a scenario acting like I was asking her for advice. It was like, "Dear Friend, there's this girl that I've been seeing, but I can't tell if she like me. She's very hard to read, what should I do?". Then my friend(Girl one) commented and said "Dear Friend, there's this guy that flirts a lot with my, and just won't ask me out already, how do I get him to ask me out." Then I asked her who the guys was and if it was true(I'm gullible sometimes), and she said "I was just kidding!!" I think subliminally she was the center of my joke!! And I'm not sure if she was kidding or not.

Also another time, I jokingly said, "I remember when I first came to that school, you hated me"(remember when I said to remember this?? Haha). She got kinda serious and said ,"NO I NEVER HATED YOU". And I kept kidding around and saying she did, cause it seemed like it. But she was asking me to give examples of how she hated me, and I did, and she kept refuting it haha. So I just gave in and said fine, you've always liked me.

So then we talked and joke on FB, for like half a year(I haven't seen her in a year). But then just last week, I saw her at the school for a sport award dinner ceremony for the schools athlete this year. Immediately after it, she came over and hug me, and said she "Missed me". She also bit me on the front shoulder near the armpit(I've never seen her do this to any other guy). Then I said "Wow, I haven't seen you in a year" and she said "Yea I know." Then we talked a little bit then she started to greet other people, who she hasn't seen in forever.

At first I though, maybe she was afraid I'd ask her out. She seemed a bit timid. I don't know what was going through her head. It's as if she didn't really know how to act around me(it was normal and weird at the sametime, idk if she was very excited or nervous). We didn't get tooo much talking done(I was kinda shy, and she seemed the same way). I asked her how long she was in town and she said "I live here now, I moved back!", but other people kept approaching us to say hi. But anyways. I still have strong feelings for her, and didn't date her when I had the chance. I told her that we should hangout this summer and she said, "Duh". Does she have any feelings for me? Or did she ever have feelings for me. Cause now I see a lot the chances I had, but blew it. Is there still a chance I can begin a relationship with her??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ChipsnFish

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:55 am
yes, but make sure to only chair that snail on Wednesdays. Otherwise, you may die.
Izzie

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 05:14 am
@SilentWolf,
Welcome to A2K...

Now, go ask the girl out! Do you want to wonder forever? Time's a passing young man... why wouldn't you ask her out?

We can't possibly tell you whether she has feelings for you... but, in my opinion, you've nothing to lose, except the continual not knowing if there's a chance and it playing over in your head. The past is the past and you can't change that, perhaps it wasn't the right timing then - so, give her a call and see what happens!

SilentWolf

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 03:32 pm
@Izzie,
thank you, and I will asap. She's on a trip, so I'll have to wait till she gets back.
0 Replies

SilentWolf

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:21 pm
@ChipsnFish,
Uh not sure what this means, but, whatever..
0 Replies