what is the most important thing in life to know?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 10:40 am
@JLNobody,
Do you mean to say "THEIR logic" has logic? LOL
JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 03:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, if by logic we mean simply the rules for thought. There are many cultures in the world whose thinking deviates far from anything Aristotle might inspire. Nevertheless their thinking makes sense TO THEM if not to us. I do not think that "logic" by itself can lead us to "truth"; it merely gives order to our thought (so that it does not defeat itself). Truth comes--if it ever comes--to us by the way we combine empirical observation, conscious logic and subconscious intuition.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 03:56 pm
@JLNobody,
I accept your explanation for our use of "logic." Humans are subjective beings based on what we believe are important and not important. Even using logic doesn't always result in outcomes we wish or desire.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're getting wise in your old age.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're getting wise in your old age.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe you are correct but I would think that logic is a good tool to find the most probable out come!
I do realize that we do not have a complete understanding of how logic works and that we also have a limited frame of reference that we use to make logical conclusions, therefore we come to illogical conclusions at times!
Were we have no empirical understanding all we can do is try to use logic.

I could be wrong about this!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 06:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
rl, The danger with assuming logic is always the best outcome is based on the individual's personal value system. That's the reason why philosophy is important to reveal real understanding about life.

Why do you think well educated people believe in god? Are they wrong? I don't think so.

Why is there conflict within and without political parties? Are they all wrong? I don't think so.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why do you think well educated people believe in god? Are they wrong? I don't think so

I am not sure about this but if I were to try using logic I would say that their environment exposed them to such ideas! Intelligent people can believe in all sorts of things pedophilia, serial killing rape and so on but it does not mean that it is a value that we should all fallow. This may not be caused by their environment in this case but rather their neruo makeup so to speak.

Quote:
Why is there conflict within and without political parties? Are they all wrong? I don't think so.

I am not sure but being the animals that we are I would think that it may have something to do with greed and a misunderstanding of truth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
So, how does logic fit into your scenario?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not sure but if I was to give it a logical guess lol, "I would say that I studied all sorts of bs and I came to the conclusion that I shared with you, because it seemed to have the most evidence to back up the claims being made but even though it dose seem to have the most evidence to back up the claims being made does not mean that I have it correct because I very well may have some of it wrong but I would doubt that all of it is wrong!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:42 am
@hamilton,
The logic involved was it doesnt make sense to believe what you have seen and only what you have seen . There are many things taken on faith that have had far less people see them then life after death .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He just lacks what is commonly called logic.
Another useless post .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:44 am
@JLNobody,
Then explain to me the logic of intelligence dying with the ceasing of the functioning body ...
Ionus

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do you mean to say "THEIR logic" has logic? LOL
Another useless post .
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 07:38 am
These are some of the important things in life to know?

Raccoon Adorability, Nazi Propaganda & False Gods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPP6w0N5GQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp
hamilton

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 10:03 am
@reasoning logic,
thats a good one.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
@Ionus,
not useless.
it gave cause to that one.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:17 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus, you ask for the logic of a natural phenomenon. I don't understand the question. What does the phenomenon have to do with logic?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:40 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Then explain to me the logic of intelligence dying with the ceasing of the functioning body ...

What?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:44 pm
@JLNobody,
If we build an engine it has more functions than the sum of its component parts . Life since its dawn has conquered all manner of obstacles . Logic would dictate that physical death is just another obstacle and whereas we shouldn't assume anything, if we are to assume something it should be that life has conquered this too... it is certainly more logical than saying we cant see it therefore it does not exist .

All phenomenon has a logic . Energy flows from high to low, energy is neither created nor destroyed... these are some logic that apply to phenomenon . Do they apply to death ?