D.C. Schools try to poison children

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 07:12 pm
http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2011/05/southeast-students-served-raw-onions-snack

Quote:

....No matter how you slice it, the days of milk and cookies are long gone as schools aim to provide students with healthy fruits and vegetables as snacks.

But raw onions?

That's what several classes of students at Southeast's Turner Elementary were fed Tuesday, instead of the zucchini slices the school's food provider, Chartwells, said it would serve as part of a federal initiative to provide healthy food to young learners.....

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2011/05/southeast-students-served-raw-onions-snack#ixzz1NhQwwhVT

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,078 • Replies: 17
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:20 am
@gungasnake,
Also, the DC tap water from the drinking fountains is not what most people would consider safe.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:22 am
@gungasnake,
Onions are poison?

My God.. McDonald's has been poisoning people for decades.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:40 am
@gungasnake,
You apparently didnt read the article, did you.

It was simply a mistake, human error, that caused the kids to be given scallions instead of something else.
Also, since scallions are used in cooking, and also used on salads, you are seriously overreacting to claim that they were trying to "poison" kids.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:50 am
@mysteryman,
Raw onions for food for school kids?????

I'd send my kid to that school with a hunting rifle and a note to the libtard teachers that it was to give him a shot at killing something for food during the day so he didn't ******* starve.
raprap

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 06:51 am
@mysteryman,
Scallions good with peanut butter---not as good as raw garlic but good.

Rap
raprap

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:01 am
@gungasnake,
Traps make more sense. There far more opportunities for education than hunting with a gun. With building a trap you could include art (construction and design) and science (how and why the trap works) into the mix. Yeah you still have to include biology when you hunt with a gun, but the prey identification is more intense when you trap.

And skinning and cooking is much cleaner--guns make a mess out of meat.

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:14 am
@raprap,
Realistically, the raw onion day would have been the last day my kid was ever seen at that school, if he'd had the misfortune to be there prior to that day.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:10 am
@gungasnake,
I eat raw onions on a regular basis. Quite tasty, eat them like an apple. After peeling off the outer skin onion chomp merrily into it like an apple. As warm weather approaches a delicious sliced onion and butter sandwich beckons to me.

I'd be lost without my supply of raw onions.

Nutrionally onions are quite good for you. They help with breathing as well.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:11 am
@gungasnake,
Heres an idea.

Make your kids lunch yourself, put it in a lunchbox, and send it to school WITH your kid.
I realize that is a novel concept for you, but that way you will have control over what your kid gets to eat.
Of course, it does mean that you will actually have to take an active role in your kids life, but there is a first time for everything.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:11 am
@raprap,
Better with ranch dressing.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 10:42 am
@Sturgis,
Add tomattos to that and you have the perfect sandwich!!!
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 12:01 pm
@RABEL222,
Ah yes, raw onion, a tomato, a little bit of pepper and maybe just a smidgen of butter and you have a very tasty sandwich. Of course, the teachers might not want to get too close to the kids after a lunch like that. But the plus side is that there may be less fights as kids keep more distance from each other to avoid the onion vapors being exhaled the remainder of the day. lol

Never tried it with Ranch dressing MM. I think I may though.

gungasnake

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 01:05 pm
@CoastalRat,
You got it. Rest of the day would be like the farting contest in Blazing Saddles and that's before you even get to the problem of the kids being malnourished. Like I say, no kid of mine would be found in that school.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 01:10 pm
Remember this Ganja

http://www.constructiveanarchy.com/blog/12-09reaganveggieT-Shirt2222.jpg

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 04:16 am
@raprap,
I remember the 49-state annihilation of the last previous demoKKKrat president:

http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jimmy-carter.jpg

Some pubbies believe Reagan was entirely responsible for that; I believe Donald Duck would have won 35 of those states at the time. Reagan was not a total disaster; the last three dem presidents have been.
raprap

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 06:21 am
@gungasnake,
Nice-but slightly off topic-the Reagan tee was in response to changing the classification of ketchup and relish from a condiments to a vegetables by the Department of Agriculture standards for federally financed school lunch programs.

Rap

RABEL222

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 04:51 pm
@raprap,
he knew. It was just more of his bs strawman posting to try to deflect the truth.
0 Replies