Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,437 • Replies: 8
No top replies

piggie

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 01:10 am
Is there anyone out there useing forteo for their bones? I have heard positive and negative on it. I have started it about two months and I have decided to go with natrual herbs. Anyone with a feedback? G. Gibson Nashville Tn
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:30 pm
piggie wrote:
Is there anyone out there useing forteo for their bones? I have heard positive and negative on it. I have started it about two months and I have decided to go with natrual herbs. Anyone with a feedback? G. Gibson Nashville Tn

Why natural herbs? Confused
0 Replies

piggie

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 11:05 pm
Laughing I am useing natural herbs beacuse every thing used for treating this disease has harsh chemicals that harm the kidney and liver in them that I have found or make hot flashes worse. Someone let me know if you are useing anything except perscription drugs for this and how bad is yours. Thanks
0 Replies

SMF

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:17 am
I started Forteo one & one half months ago. I was on Actonel for two yrs before that. I read an article on a Medical Web sight. That Osteoporosis medication can effect the eyes. I am now having trouble with one Rolling Eyes eye, that can become serious. I do not know if it is related to Forteo or not. Anyone having eye problems from Ostioporosis medications?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 11:04 am
S.M.F wrote:
I started Forteo one & one half months ago. I was on Actonel for two yrs before that. I read an article on a Medical Web sight. That Osteoporosis medication can effect the eyes. I am now having trouble with one Rolling Eyes eye, that can become serious. I do not know if it is related to Forteo or not. Anyone having eye problems from Ostioporosis medications?

Are you saying that a side-effect of the Forteo is eye damage?

Have you consulted an opthalmologist? Confused
0 Replies

SMF

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 09:44 am
Possible Side Effects to Forteo?
I have seen my eye doctor. We are watching the problem. I do not know if it is caused from Forteo or not. The article I found on the internet stated that osteoporosis medications might cause eye problems. IT DID NOT MENTION FORTEO. THe other medications such as actonel and those simular to that one were mentioned. I was on actinal for about two years. I only started with this eye problem after I stopped taking actinal and started Forteo. I do not know if there is a connection or not. It could be just a coincidence.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:57 pm
Forteo (teriparatide) basicly increases serum calcium, it is not good to take if your at a increased or baseline risk for osteosarcoma, increased lvls of alkaline phosphatase ,open epiphyses, or prior radiation therapy involving the skeletel system. This is because it may increase the risk and severity of osteosarcoma. In the right circumstances it will help bone mass but the only way to know is to try it and then get a bone mineral density test. This drug is taken via injection (750 mcg/3 mL) and is still IMO a lil risky but most drugs are as are some "natural herbs". Just so your not confused, when you see rhPTH(1-34) it means native PTH, hPTH(1-34) is synthetic teriparatide. Oh and 1 last lil fact, teriparatide is the genaric name for the 34 amino acid N Termenal fragment of the PTH molecule.
0 Replies

SMF

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 08:58 am
Thanks Safecracker. Some of the information I will have to look up. I am not familiar with Osteosarcoma, or open epiphyses. I will have to do my homework. Thanks S.M.F Confused
0 Replies