I Think Im Anorexic

Dalal

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 03:41 pm
I feel like im so fat although i weight 40 kg im 13 years old i feel like im such a fat ass,i do throw up but im not loosing anything,can anyone tell me what can i do i want to lose at least 5 kg,people think i might be crazy,but i think im just fat what can i do to lose weight without throwing up?

regards,
dalal
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,117 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:12 pm
@Dalal,
Without knowing how tall you are, it's impossible to say whether you are overweight or not. If you are my height (I'm 5'6", which is a bit over 167 cm), then you'd be underweight. If you are 122 cm (about 4 feet tall, which is rather short if you've finished growing), you're overweight. It's rather difficult to get your weight to come out as obese, seeing as, in English units, you're around 88 pounds. Which is tiny, very thin, unless you are extremely short -- short enough that you are either not finished growing or are genetically a dwarf or little person.

So let's work with that -- you are, most likely, not fat by any stretch of the imagination. You're, more likely, just not toned.

So you need to do some exercise, if you feel like you're jiggly. That's fine, but recognize that you need to fuel yourself in order to do that. That means eating, and eating good food, and keeping it down. Good food is what? Chicken, fish, salads, vegetables, fruits, dairy products. Exercise? Things like walking, swimming, jogging if you are up for it, and possibly even a bit of weight training. Women have to do an enormous amount of weight training in order to really bulk up -- don't worry about becoming huge. You most likely won't. It's a lot more likely that you'd just become firmer.

And, as for the idea of throwing up in order to achieve weight loss, or to do anything other than as part of a disease process, it's not exactly a glamorous or wonderful or sound way to achieve your goals. Still feeling like it is? Then I suggest talking to your doctor about it. You're very young, and you can do a lot of damage to yourself by throwing up all the time.

I've got no problem if you want to eat better and become fitter. Those are great goals for anyone, at any age. But I'm about 100% convinced that you don't need to actually lose any kilos. And no one here will give you lessons in how to better throw up, okay?
Dalal

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 03:37 am
@jespah,
@joseph

thank you for your advice it was really helpful for me but i have this thing with dairy products if i eat it just once then i get constipated and the doctor organized a food schedule for me so i have to eat certain foods,like everyday vegetables and 3 times a day:orange juice and watermelon,is there anyway i can lose kilos within probably a week?
jespah

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 05:51 am
@Dalal,
Ah - you might be lactose intolerant. I understand there's stuff you can take for that. I can't say why you're on a specific eating schedule, but I'm not your doctor.

And as for losing in a week, losing weight is, unfortunately, more of a long-term issue than that. Eat right, exercise, pounds come off and you get fitter. But it doesn't happen overnight. I know there can be a lot of pressure to be thin. I remember what it was like to be a 13 year old girl.

Hang in there. Life does get better.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:43 am
@jespah,
Depending on where you live, you might find lactose free dairy products in the grocery store.
0 Replies

Dalal

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:06 pm
@jespah,
ya but i live in saudi arabia but i see my self so fat infect every time i look in the mirror i start to cry people say im thin and skinny but i see my self like the fattest girl alive although im thin or atlas thats what my friends think.
jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 04:30 pm
@Dalal,
Hon, we are often our own worst enemies.

But I want you to understand, what you are seeing in yourself, it can cause damage in you later. Is there a professional you can talk to? It doesn't have to be a doctor if that won't work for you. It can be a member of your clergy, maybe. Anorexia is a really serious issue, and it's tough for untrained people to help you out.

I want to help, I do! And I know osso does, too. But we're not pros in this area, and we don't want to do the wrong thing.
TheLeapist

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:57 am
@jespah,
Any updates Dalal? Able to overcome it or are you still struggling?

I'd like to hear.
0 Replies