relationships

nath

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:16 pm
my partner and i have been together for nearly 4 years and we had a little girl 2 years ago since then we have only been having sex once a month do you think that child birth has put him off me or that he could be having an affair please help me i am going out of my mind
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:21 pm
nath- Welcome to Able2Know! Very Happy

You really have not given us much information to go on. How is your relationship otherwise? Was your partner much more sexual before the birth of your child? Have you discussed this with your partner?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:23 pm
nath..it could be a great number of things.
Have the two of you changed your schedules/habits, etc since the baby..most people do.
Have you asked if he had a problem? Or you know, asked for more?
0 Replies

nath

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:49 pm
relationships
quinn1 wrote:
nath..it could be a great number of things.
Have the two of you changed your schedules/habits, etc since the baby..most people do.
Have you asked if he had a problem? Or you know, asked for more?

Thanks for that i have tried talking to him he says that there is nothing wrong but i believe that there must be as we are both still young live together he works alot of evenings but we do get quiet abit of time together .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:52 pm
You say that he works a lot in the evening. Is that in addition to a day job? If so, he may simply be exhausted.
0 Replies

nath

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:58 pm
relationships
Phoenix32890 wrote:
You say that he works a lot in the evening. Is that in addition to a day job? If so, he may simply be exhausted.

no he is a chef so the hours are quiet long we both work at the same place my boss told me that on new years eve that he got so drunk that he had to walk him home he never drinks i think that he is unhappy with being here with me and baby and is looking for a way out without herting me. if only he could see that he was herting me by doing what he is doing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:59 pm
Can I ask how old the both of you are?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 06:01 pm
And...do you live alone, you know...with just each other and the child?
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 06:20 pm
Nath, I'm sorry you are hurting. Why don't you try pulling away from him for awhile, not any demonstrative way, but just don't let him know how you feel, just be yourself. Sometimes that brings guys to you. You could also find an outside activity, take a class. Could be just too much togetherness.

If none of this works, find a counselor to talk to about the relationship. People don't have "relationships" to feel alone. Good luck.
0 Replies