when is Schroedinger's cat dead, and when is it not?

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Whether it convinces me or not depends on what you bring up.

Yeah ok that is true. Fair enough.

Hope you 'grok 'it. Wink

Quote:
Now let's turn back to the Global Positioning System. At high altitude, where the GPS clocks orbit the Earth, it is known that the clocks run roughly 46,000 nanoseconds (one-billionth of a second) a day faster than at ground level, because the gravitational field is thinner 20,000 kilometers above the Earth. The orbiting clocks also pass through that field at a rate of three kilometers per second--their orbital speed. For that reason, they tick 7,000 nanoseconds a day slower than stationary clocks.

To offset these two effects, the GPS engineers reset the clock rates, slowing them down before launch by 39,000 nanoseconds a day. They then proceed to tick in orbit at the same rate as ground clocks, and the system "works." Ground observers can indeed pin-point their position to a high degree of precision. In (Einstein) theory, however, it was expected that because the orbiting clocks all move rapidly and with varying speeds relative to any ground observer (who may be anywhere on the Earth's surface), and since in Einstein's theory the relevant speed is always speed relative to the observer, it was expected that continuously varying relativistic corrections would have to be made to clock rates. This in turn would have introduced an unworkable complexity into the GPS. But these corrections were not made. Yet "the system manages to work, even though they use no relativistic corrections after launch," Van Flandern said. "They have basically blown off Einstein."
http://www.ldolphin.org/vanFlandern/

Of course these corrections aren't necessary. The whole theory of relativity is extremely wrong and flawed.

And then there is this. If a clock at a higher altitude slows down, that of course doesn't necessarily mean that 'time'slowed down! Throw a clock in a fire and it will stop running!! Does that mean that time has stopped? Of course not!!!
It is all rubbish!

And , what the **** is 'time' anyway? No one knows, but physicists use it as if they know what time is. A very strange thing to watch!

Just like space. space can and never will be curved! impossibly.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
1. I have always said on this thread that there is no such thing as superposition of states at the macroscopic level of a cat. Infinitesimal time dilatations or not.

2. You have failed to explain how infinitesimal time dilatations may affect the mind experiment called 'Schoedinger's cat' in any way.

3. You are a racist asshole.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:30 pm
I suppose is fair to conclude quantum superposition's relatively "evolve" depending on the frame of reference of "observers"/measurer's...lol !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:32 pm
So back to the starting point, what are we talking about here ? Travelling information across spacetime or the thing itself, the source from where such information emanated ?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 12:35 pm
@Olivier5,
oh no...its easy to shot that one up from your arse pal...all cultures have traits...in all honesty some we like better then others...no harm in there...and obviously stereotypes represent statistical majorities not all people in X or Y place...so this has nothing to do with race and all to do with cultural paradigms...yes I think French culture is vain largely speaking. It gives more importance to appearances and less importance to substance. I have no double standards I could criticize any other culture for their own particularities and shortcomings and that includes mine who fares along way worse then Frenchy...
Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 01:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I think French culture is vain largely speaking. It gives more importance to appearances and less importance to substance.

Thanks for proving my point that you are a racist asshole.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 01:41 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point that you are a racist asshole.

Jesus!! Is all this necessary!!!!??????

Be kind to each other, pleeeesssseee. Is that so much to ask?!
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 01:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
...you certainly are aware that GPS would fail big time if very small adjustments made to atomic clocks accounting for time dilation weren't made while they go around in their orbit.

And who told you that "time dilates?"

Clocks don't have sensors to detect time and show a current flowing, motion, or status of time. Clocks are calibrated devices which function is solely to make of tic tic tic tic tic....

A clock works the same as any mechanical clockwise toy.

When clocks are exposed to a different environment -other than the environment where they were manufactured- they will MALFUNCTION.

When you put a cheap quartz clock inside the freezer compartment of your refrigerator, it will suffer a delay of 5 or 6 seconds daily. You put 20 of the same kind of clocks in the freezer compartment, and all of them will suffer the same delay.

Atomic clocks weren't tested against acceleration, and less against a different gravity, and much less against solar radiation, etc. These clocks were tested solely against temperature and pressure.

It is laughable seeing how you discuss seriously the fantasy that time dilates.

It is scientifically proved that time doesn't exist, because otherwise you should have thousands of websites online showing the detection of time BEFORE any dilatation. There is not a single journal of science presenting a detection of time. You have ZERO evidence of the physical existence of time.

The day that you prove that time exists physically, only that day all your silly babbling of time dilatation might be considered... so far, until now, or you are getting paid for spreading garbage, or you are a fanatic due to ethnic inheritance, or one of those lunatics who abound all over the internet.

Show your existing "time" before continuing talking more trash, you are wasting your life believing in nonsenses.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:09 pm
@carloslebaron,
Bejeeeeesus watch the videos I posted above somewhere.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Well if that's your criteria then we all are racists here n there about this and that. I have never mistreated or misjudged someone for their racial origin. But I judge cultures at large and that's healthy, starting with mine...improvement comes out of it. There is a lot to improve in the cultural Portuguese average mind set and so there is in any other culture out there in the world in distinct points. Acknowledging it instead of hiding it under the carpet is the best we can do to change tomorrow into a better place. I don't want a civilization recess coming out of the naive thinking everything is fine now everywhere and no one no culture can or should be judged. Cultures like people like cities like everything have good and bad things the worst and the best, they have tendencies and change and morph....it would be utterly stupid to not recognize it in the first place. My personal impressions about French culture on this specific regard may well be wrong, I often out of care talk with myself about that. Equally on those aspects where French culture is an example and there is plenty it will always have my admiration. French have a deep sense of social relations, value time for socializing have a strong relation with arts and make some of the best cuisine in the world. Beautiful landscape and great architecture design...There is a lot to be said about any culture which is both good and bad. Honesty is to bring it up as is, as we perceive it so that we can factually work upon established pre concepts. Looking away to ones judgements and impressions is never the best answer, is far worse when lying to one self. Repressing our personal experience does not educate our sensibility but rather turns us into bitter automata. Social correctness is one of those common sense mistakes that has worsen the problem and "tunneled" it deeper instead of helping solving anything.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
... and Africans have a good sense of rhythm, Englishmen are gay, Jews are greedy, Americans are idiots, Hispanics are lazy, etc. etc. The only value in these stereotypes is that they allow people without a brain to pretend they understand the world.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Wowwww how simplistic you are....expected...you are one of those guys who goes about all or nothing aren't you ? Grey areas don't exist in your mind...

...also can you give a good account on how cultural stereotypes emerge out of social evaluation of cultures regarding each other...you see some of those things are sometimes half true...but that is not racism...racism is to think a given race is bad at everything and nothing about them is good. The same can be said about sexism...we now know today there are well established differences between man and women...it doesn't mean men or women are better at large but rather complimentary in their specificity. In sum your all discourse is indeed mediocre but that is to be expected when you talk.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
sorrt to say, but carloslebaron is right!!!

Now, just use your common sense and let them stop mind ******* you!

Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 03:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am not interested in anything a Portuguese has to say. They are all stupid and lazy, as is well known, and they all come to France to steal the jobs of good Frenchmen. The hell with them all.

<smirk>
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 03:34 pm
@Olivier5,
...there, easy, put it out good man, make the catharsis... Very Happy
(you think I resent that ? I really don't, I empathise !)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 03:44 pm
...now for the Americans...say **** at least 10 times wherever you are if you don't have children around... go on put it out.

...Chinese people stop working for 10 minutes tell a joke and have a biscuit...you ARE NOT being lazy because you stopped 10 minutes ! Wink

The world will be a far better place tomorrow if we all make the catharsis !
Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 04:10 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The world will be a better place when people stop judging others based on stereotypes, keep their mind open, and assess individual people based on what they do, and what they say. Racism is for losers.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 04:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Agreed we just happen to disagree between what racism refers to.
Tribalism which is what I am referring to is natural and repressing it into a shiny sterile environment where no judgement can be emitted not just on what one person but a group of people does is way worse then open heartedly expressing your feelings even if with limits...we should judge and observe equally we should and really try to see the best be it one person or one culture.
If we can't judge, see the good and the bad, we just become automata with repressed feelings and we have a far worse tendency to mindless hatred then if we tell people how they make us feel or what we feel about a cultural trend when cultural clash happens...because there is such a thing as cultural clash...its not a fantasy nor is all due to bad people...the very idea that people are deliberately bad is somewhat preposterous...mostly they are either disturbed, uneducated, or lack proper adequate reasoning skills...this is not to say that people don't act wrong but rather to say that people do it out of a specific problem or condition.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 04:38 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The only reason you are writing about this **** now is to have an excuse to not consider my posts. But go ahead and rationalize racism all you like. Bye bye.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 05:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Cya Frenchy! Wink
0 Replies