Dream about what someone else is doing??

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 08:04 am
Hey,
I just had a dream about going to the movies with my mom.'I guess I figures I should take her to the mall and spend some time with her. Anyway, when I woke up, my friend told me she was going to the mall to do the same exact thing. This isn't the first time I've dreamt of what she was getting ready to do. So, any suggestions as to what this might mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,431 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 09:00 am
@TilionLee,
Everything in a dream is about the dreamer. The unconscious tries to figure out what's going on here in the conscious and it uses images to do that, but it's a mistake to take them litterally or think they have a particular significance about other people. Your dreams are about you.
The mall could be a substitute for any place or thing or person you've been thinking about, even the image of your mom could be a stand-in for someone or something else.

Try this: lay down and relax. Think back about the dream. Was there anytime in which you were talking to your "dream-mom". If so, think about that portion for awhile to recall it clearly. Bring the conversation into the present, think of the dream as happening right now. If your 'dream-mom' says something, ask the dream-mom about it. Listen to her replies or, in some cases, you'll see an image of something entirely different which is who the dream-mom really is.
Remember, dreams aren't from outside of you. They are from your deepest mind. They can tell you a lot about what your inner self is thinking about, what is troubling it and you.

Look up Fritz Perls.

Joe(Have some lovely dreams.)Nation
0 Replies