boyfriend telling other girls they're pretty

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 08:23 am
Hey all. My boyfriend is 16 and I'm 15. I know he loves me, and he constantly tells me how pretty I am and how much he loves me. On Facebook he comments on other girls pictures (I don't know these girls and maybe he thinks I can't see the pictures, as I'm not friends with them...) and says things like 'pretty pretty'.

What should I do, if anything? Am I overreacting by being a bit concerned?

Thanks all, and please be honest if any of you feel I am simply overreacting!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,566 • Replies: 17
No top replies

ddominique

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:45 am
@Jaqueline,
Well, I don't know. It sounds like he might find other girls attractive but it depends on what kind of guy he is. If he loves you and he values your feelings, he probably wouldn't give you up just because another girl may be pretty. It's probably just a comment that he had and not much more. But you should talk to him if it seems like he's flirting and if it seems that it may be more than a mere comment.
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:53 am
@ddominique,
He is a bit of a sulker. He often brings up his past relationships and he never really seems to live in the present... always the past or the future! This girl lives quite far away from us and I don't think he would be interested in a long distance relationship so I'm not concerned about that. Is it me or is it just something that, as a boyfriend, you just don't do? Publicly telling other girls they are pretty when you're girlfriend can see it???
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:55 am
What's his relationship status?

Joe(and BTW, you are both too young to be in a committed relationship)Nation
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 10:03 am
@Joe Nation,
he is in a relationship with me?

And I suppose that has to do with what committed means to each person. If I love him and he loves me, and it isn't some passing fancy, then that's a sort of commitment.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 10:51 am
@Jaqueline,
I meant Facebook Status.

If it's "in a relationship" those other girls can see he is just schmoozing with his compliments.

and you can relax.

If it's SINGLE then he's fishing.

Joe(even if he doesn't know it)Nation
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:28 pm
@Joe Nation,
It's 'In a relationship (with my name)'

So yeah I guess it may just be an old friend. But it does seem kind of strange, doesn't it? I mean, is this something guys do or what?
Ragman

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:34 pm
@Jaqueline,
Playas will do that.
Others generally are more considerate.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:34 pm
Sounds shady - regardless of is FB status. What should you do? With no anticipation of an outcome, ask him about it. And watch his eyes and body language when he responds.

And don't get pregnant. It'll be much easier that way to be rid of him in the future if need be.
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:36 pm
@thack45,
Well I have no intentions of getting pregnant at all, so thats a plus! haha

Ok thanks, and I suppose I will do that...
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:37 pm
Also, I forgot to add that this has happened with more than just one girl... like 2 I think.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:51 pm
@Jaqueline,
Jaqueline wrote:

Well I have no intentions of getting pregnant at all, so thats a plus! haha

Now that is a whole other conversation. Suffices to say that every single girl who ever got pregnant without intent still got pregnant. Just saying, please be careful.
Jaqueline

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 01:10 pm
@thack45,
Nah, what I'm saying is we have both agreed that neither of us are ready to lose our virginity. Yes, the wonder of it all, we are both STILL VIRGINS! so I will be careful, and thank you!
0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 01:54 am
@Jaqueline,
If you guys have no commitment then, he may be flattering with other girls.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 11:54 am
If he said a picture was pretty, would you be upset?
Same thing.

Humans like beautiful things. He's acknowledging the beauty. And just like a piece of art, he can look but it doesn't mean he's taking it home with him. You think other guys are cute, right?

Relax.
Jaqueline

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 03:38 pm
@Bella Dea,
You are sooo right! I have since realized I was being foolish and feeling insecure about myself, thus thinking he was unhappy with me as well! Thank you very much, and thank you all for the support. I know I have a place to come with you guys, thanks!
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 02:48 pm
@Jaqueline,
Good for you!

Being secure and confident is not reliant on someone else. It's all about you, sister. You make yourself feel good about you.
Jaqueline

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 12:57 pm
@Bella Dea,
Thank you, and you are 100% correct! I feel much much better, and many thanks to all of you!
0 Replies