What does "it" refer to here?

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:15 pm
What does "thats all it takes to get me going" mean?

Context:

I go away for a little bit. When I wake up, I'm on my knees in the bathroom of the bouble room I'm sharing with my friend Louis Purington. I have no idea how I got in there, but it's good that I did because the toilet is full of bright yellow puke. Looks like Niblets, I think, and thats all it takes to get me going again. Nothing comes up but whiskey-falvored strings of spit, but my head feels like it's going to explode.

More:

http://books.google.com.hk/books?id=8yD6wK7jE4gC&pg=PT109&lpg=PT109&dq=%22looks+like+niblets%22&source=bl&ots=puD7zS2tzz&sig=6AHQ9DbVuVJIS6lFzeWYOMgJrf0&hl=zh-CN&ei=i8zNTaO3MIGKuAPLkLCTCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 487 • Replies: 8
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:20 pm
@oristarA,
The author is describing a bad situation and the straw that broke the camel's back is the 'it'. The Niblets in the toilet is the 'straw' and it got him in a worse mood.
oristarA

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:36 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

The author is describing a bad situation and the straw that broke the camel's back is the 'it'. The Niblets in the toilet is the 'straw' and it got him in a worse mood.

Thanks.

So "get me going again" means "get me to vomit again?"

Does "Niblets" mean "vomitted residues?"
Ceili

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:42 pm
@oristarA,
Niblets is corn. This guy has been drinking whiskey and now he's bent over the toilet, when he sees the corn, it turns his stomach and causes him to vomit again.
oristarA

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:59 pm
@Ceili,
Got it.
Thank you.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 08:03 pm
@oristarA,
It's not actually Niblets corn in the toilet - it is yellow vomit (bile) that he sees in the toilet - which causes him to vomit again.

This is a continuation of your other question - which also is related to the after-effects of drinking.

Breaking up things like this doesn't help people who are trying to assist you.

oristarA

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 09:03 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It's not actually Niblets corn in the toilet - it is yellow vomit (bile) that he sees in the toilet - which causes him to vomit again.

This is a continuation of your other question - which also is related to the after-effects of drinking.

Breaking up things like this doesn't help people who are trying to assist you.

Thanks.

Too much questions at a time would stop people to reply? Very Happy

talk72000

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 10:35 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
[Too much questions /quote]

Should be 'too MANY' as the questions can be counted.
oristarA

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 12:17 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Quote:
[Too much questions /quote]

Should be 'too MANY' as the questions can be counted.

Good. Thanks
0 Replies