Don't Mess with My Oreos

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 04:27 pm
chai, I am from a 100 percent blue collar family. I was the first college grad on my mother's side. Eating like a truck driver sounds fine to me. Or a construction worker. Or a postal worker. Cutting a sandwich in half doesn't necessarily fall inro a class divide.

I still want a Chuckle.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 04:42 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

We had a truck driver in the family. His sandwich was always cut in half.

Hey, you're gonna have to take this up with my older sister.

I got no problems with truck drivers.

Truck drivers deliver the goods.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 05:31 pm
@Roberta,
Our high school starts confining students as of next year. I never heard of such a thing before. To stay on topic, I think they will still allow Oreos.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 05:49 pm
@roger,
Ours was confined, except for something like one Friday in May.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 06:03 pm
In my home, we have a mixed marriage. She cuts her sandwiches; I don't. Oh it strains the marriage, but somehow we manage to live together.
Roberta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 11:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hiya Roger, Picture this. The lunch bell rings. Somewhere between 1,000 to 3,000 students pile into a neighborhood. High schools don't have campuses here. There are usually apartment buildings all around them. We had to have staggered lunch hours so that we could all fit in the cafeteria. Even if the lunch hour is staggered, the larger schools could have close to a thousand students in the street at once. Thud.

edgar, It's nice to find two such tolerant people. Strain the marriage? Maybe. But the two of you are still together. I commend you both.
roger

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 11:45 pm
@Roberta,
Yes, all of that, and the school also complained its students weren't getting back to class on time. Flunk 'em, I say. Good preparation for the real world of getting to work on time.
Roberta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:01 am
@roger,
Flunk? Are people flunked these days?

Do you know how long it takes to get a thousand people back in place? Some of them having to walk up four flights of stairs?

I say confine them.

I still want a Chuckle.
roger

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:13 am
@Roberta,
Actually, I see no evidence of people flunking anything. Consider that a joke in questionable taste.

Four flights of stairs. The poor babies.

Ah, flaming youth!
Roberta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 10:49 pm
@roger,
Yup, youth, Roger.

I could zip up those four flights. Now I struggle with four steps.

Went out today (in the miserable deluge). Looked for Chuckles. Where are they? No I didn't go out for the express purpose of finding Chuckles, but I was already out--and wet. No luck.
laughoutlood

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 11:49 pm
@Roberta,
I like being out there.
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 12:19 am
@laughoutlood,
Out there is OK, but I'd rather be in here when it's raining like a rain that would have impressed Noah.

I googled Chuckles. They still exist. Where? Around. Obviously not around here. But somewhere.
Irishk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 12:17 pm
@Roberta,
Chuckles...Is that the candy with the raisins and nuts? I tried to make some once.
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 12:48 pm
@Irishk,
Irish, Nope. Chuckles are jellylike candies:

http://www.laurelfoodsystems.com/Images/Products/Chuckles.jpg
Irishk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 12:54 pm
@Roberta,
Ah, thanks. I could never make those. I was thinking of a chocolate concoction with nuts and raisins..nom nom...that's also hard to find.
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 12:56 pm
@Irishk,
Not a fan of nuts. Don't know what specific candy you're referring to.

Chuckles are still around. I just gotta keep looking.
Irishk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 01:06 pm
@Roberta,
No wonder I can't find it...I got the name wrong Laughing
http://blog.candy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/chunky.jpg
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 01:08 pm
@Irishk,
Oooooh, Irish. I loved Chunkies Even though they had nuts.
George

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 01:17 pm
@Roberta,
Every time I see Chunkies, I think of Arnold Stang.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 05:47 pm
@Irishk,
I remember those - I liked them. Of course, I forget the name. The one I'm thinking of was square, in a foil wrapper.