Don't Mess with My Oreos

Sturgis

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 02:28 pm
@Roberta,
Last look for Oreos I saw a thing called birthday cake Oreo. It was situated near a mint-cream Oreo.

I can handle the double stuff Oreos, not the weird concoctions they are trying out.
Roberta

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 03:46 pm
@Sturgis,
I just checked on Google. Oreos are the best-selling cookies of all time--ever.

I don't understand why they keep messing with something that works. I guess it's the retail mentality. They keep improving Tide. How clean does something have to be?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 04:53 pm
@Sturgis,
I like the thin mint oreos. those and the thin lemon ones are good. otherwise, the variants have all been nasty.

a friend was recently diagnosed with gluten intolerance so she found a gluten-free Oreo knock-off that we sampled. the inside was not as sweet as oreo innards, the outside was sweeter than the oreo biscuit. I'd like oreos if they had these innards. the oreo biscuit is wonderful as it's not too sweet. I love it when I can just buy the biscuit part at the cookie factory outlet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 04:54 pm
I like original Oreos if I can dunk them in milk.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 01:57 pm

https://i.imgur.com/FR56CYR.jpg
Sturgis

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
Then wudda you call the ones wrapped in fudge?
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:47 pm
@Sturgis,

Fudge The Diet Oreos...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 05:08 pm
I'm very much a conservative in the food department. If I like something, then I like it the way it is and was. Quit messing around.

Doesn't matter what new concoction they come up with. If I can find the original Oreo, I buy 'em. Otherwise I pass. In the right month of the year, I'll take Mallowmars.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 12:02 am
@Roberta,
At some point in January of the upcoming year of 2021, things will be different. Good different or not so good? This will depend I suppose on who you are.

Gluten Free Oreos Are Coming

Supposedly it will have a "comparable snacking experience to the original" .

What does that mean? People will continue gobbling down 15-40 cookies in one snack session? Does it means the taste will be similar? The texture?

Who plans on trying these and are you on a non-gluten food regimen or merely curious?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 07:15 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Gluten Free Oreos Are Coming

Supposedly it will have a "comparable snacking experience to the original" .

I assumed they already existed.

Quote:
Who plans on trying these and are you on a non-gluten food regimen or merely curious?

Dear lord, no. Tried a gluten-free cookie once (by accident). Bought the cookie from a bakery then noticed the small print that it was GF. Not the worst thing I ate. Just not worth the premium price. The texture was a bit weird.
Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 07:39 am
@tsarstepan,
I have no intention of trying them. I'm not on a gluton-free diet, and I'm not even remotely curious.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2020 08:47 pm
@Roberta,
Same here. The thought of it makes me cringe. Similar to the way I reacted to Oreo Thins and mini Oreos.

However for the people who must avoid gluten, maybe it'll work out okay.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 04:42 am
@Roberta,
Nobody mess with Boida's Oreos!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOIDA

I hope you have Oreos today... how're ya doing girl? Wishing you a Happy Birthday and sending all my love xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. ((BOIDA))xx
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 05:45 am
@Izzie,
Thanks for the good wishes, querida. I have some Oreos for the occasion.

I'm doing eh. How 'bout you?
Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 11:28 am
@Roberta,
Meh 'eh!

Not too many worries across the pond, we're back in lockdown, which is pretty normal for me anyway. I've been enjoying my garden over the summer but have run out of oomph now. I'm having my 2 biologic infusions at the start and mid December so that should give me a little more energy Very Happy tho not really looking forward to going into a hospital but we are separated off in a sterile unit so should be OK!

I've been thinking of you and keeping my hoper in high gear that you're doing well. Well Schmell, as well as you can be with what's going on in the world. So glad you've got Oreos today. Sending the biggest hugs and love always, keep safe girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 10:54 am
https://imgur.com/grEJdkO.jpg
Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 04:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsar, I was gonna call this a crime against humanity, but I think that's going to far. Instead I'll call this an insult to cookies.

I'm gonna go sulk.
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2021 04:53 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

tsar, I was gonna call this a crime against humanity, but I think that's going to far. Instead I'll call this an insult to cookies.

I'm gonna go sulk.

What Roberta said.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2021 03:35 pm
Hi Roberta, do you keep in touch with Sturgis? I haven't seen him in a while.
Roberta

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2021 07:30 pm
@glitterbag,
No, glit, I don't keep in touch with Sturgis, and I would like to see him again, too.