So Who is Behind the Fox Smear Campaign?

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:30 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations/?test=faces

Since we have quite a few people around here who actually believe Fox News is corrupt and their sources are right as rain, I thought this would be an interesting discussion. Let's have a lively discussion on who is funding and influencing who.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:43 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
The "Media Research Centers Business & Media Institute", which did the survey for FOX, is inetresting re its fundings and history as well.

We can include that, which should be only fair, isn't it?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:46 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Go for it. That's what we're here for.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Well, the Media Research Center is a rather right right organisation.
And the Culture and Media Institute, an MRC branch whose mission is to reduce is a negative liberal influence on American morality, culture, and religious liberty, is not unbiased as well.

Soros gave in 2010 about 100 million US$ to various organisations worldwide.
I imagine, because those organisations and groups were helping/working/doing/writing etc the way likes it. Philanthropists like to do such, Soros especially.
thack45

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:14 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations/?test=faces
Quote:
... This despite the Society of Professional Journalists' ethical code stating: “avoid all conflicts real or perceived.”
Oh, it's good to laugh. Keep chasing that carrot though.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:01 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I find this rather funny..

Quote:
Dan Gainor is the Boone Pickens Fellow

So.. a "journalist" funded by a billionaire does a story on how billionaires shouldn't really be funding journalists?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Do you think it's okay for a right wing philanthropist to donate their money for right wing causes?
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:44 am
anyone who believes anything the media says is an idiot

to quote the great ron bennington, radio god supreme " and remember, don't take advice from some asshole on the radio"

the advice works just a s well for tv, newspapers and the internet
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:46 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
spend your money how you want, i'm guessing there's way better things a rich person could be spending their money on than supporting political douchebags (of any stripe, cause they're all douchebags)
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:47 am
@djjd62,
I don't take "advice" from them, but I'm intelligent enough to check things out and see who is telling me the true story.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:48 am
@djjd62,
Did you vote for Obama?
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:52 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
no, i live next door, the place to the north, they won't let me vote in your elections

i did however, along with 69 other folks, proudly support the marxist lenninist candidate in the recent federal election, i felt sorry for the guy, he's a personable young kid, who deserves a break
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:56 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
i doubt i could vote for one person above all, here we vote for riding representatives by party and if enough party reps get elected, the leader of the party is prime minister

i doubt i would have voted in any presidential election in my 30 years i've been eligible to vote, in that time however i've voted for every party out there, depending on the local candidate, but i've never based on the leader
0 Replies