H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Izz, you could do yourself and the rest of us a big favor and take the time
to do a little research before you start spewing left wing talking points.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/bail-out-02.jpg

The members of the fu*ked up foursome pictured above are largely responsible for the mess we are currently neck deep in.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 01:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
So if the economy is not doing so well now it's not Obama's fault it's the fault of Congress. Thanks for pointing that one out.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:00 pm
@izzythepush,

I'll point out that I said that the 4 were 'largely responsible for the mess we are currently neck deep in', but I did
not say they were 100% responsible because Obamanomics and how it has damaged this economy is Obama's fault.

Izz, you must have pictures of Obama all over your basement and probably on the ceiling over your sleeping bag... you need help.

raprap

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
waterdude wrote:
Izz, you must have pictures of Obama all over your basement and probably on the ceiling over your sleeping bag... you need help.

And another fatuous ad hominem by the waterdude. My my my, waterdude your 'tards are flying exceptionally high today.

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:56 pm
@izzythepush,
I thought this Atlantic article on the Bush administration from ironically 9/11/09 is thought provoking.

Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy

I'll just quote the 1st three paragraphs

Ronald Brownstein wrote:
Thursday's annual Census Bureau report on income, poverty and access to health care-the Bureau's principal report card on the well-being of average Americans-closes the books on the economic record of George W. Bush.

It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked. By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially.

Here's another from The Washington Post on 9/12/09

Bush Lead During Weakest Economy in Decades

1st paragraph
Neil Irwin and Dan Eggen wrote:
President Bush has presided over the weakest eight-year span for the U.S. economy in decades, according to an analysis of key data, and economists across the ideological spectrum increasingly view his two terms as a time of little progress on the nation's thorniest fiscal challenges.

Rap

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 03:15 pm

Barry 'he's kind of a dick' Obama surpassed each and every mistake
GW Bush ever made, so much so that he makes Bush look brilliant.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 03:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
Don't have a basement, but if I did it would be a cellar. No pictures of the current, or any other president, they'd clash with my many shrines to Karl Marx, Tony Benn, Clement Atlee and Harold Wilson.

Mr. Obama blotted his copybook when an Anglo American oil company caused a massive oil spill in the gulf. He insisted on calling it BRITISH petroleum instead of its real name.

You suggested I do a little research, no that's what you did, and you came up with your own conclusions. I did extensive research, and came up with the facts. Recent events over here have shown the Murdoch press is quite incapable of telling the truth. Don't rely on Fox News, take a more balanced approach, Al Jazeera is very good.

So I need help do I? Well you wouldn't be the first to make such a suggestion, but I do find it a bit rich coming from you. How mixed up would you describe an avowed anti-communist country that plays The Red Flag every Yuletide?

I would have expected a bit of thanks for the Barney Frank Fraggle link. For once you can win an argument with those pesky liberals, so long as that argument is, 'Barney Frank looks and sounds like something from Jim Henson's studios.' Anyway, winning an argument should make a nice change for you. When that day comes you might want to go out and buy a cake or something.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 06:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Barry 'he's kind of a dick' Obama surpassed each and every mistake
GW Bush ever made, so much so that he makes Bush look brilliant.

How about you put some internet links up on Obama"mistakes" rather that running off at the mouth? Obama did not make most of our allies hate us. In fact he is generally well liked both here in the states and abroad. That in itself makes your statements seem rather illiterate.

Remember these days?

http://www.mikepellegrini.com/Graphics/stevebell512ready.jpg

(Italy) They chanted slogans against the policies of U.S. President George W. Bush ...
http://webwm.com/lmnop/images/articles/protest_italy3.jpg

http://kottke.org/photos/nycrnc0804/thumb.jpg

George W. Bush brought our country to the verge of a Vietnam war style crisis...
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 07:16 pm
@RexRed,
There is not enough time to list all of Barry's many mistakes, but all you need to do is seek & ye shall find.

All Barry has done with our so called allies is apologize for being #1, offer them cash payoffs and bow down to them.

The truth: Barry is not well liked, most find him to be an arrogant snob... you know, kind of a dick.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:02 pm
To me, it's no longer a question about whether capitalism is working in any individual country or not, it's more about whether the global corporate capitalism is working in the interests of ordinary people or not.
RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The members of the fu*ked up foursome pictured above are largely responsible for the mess we are currently neck deep in.
I happen to have the utmost respect for the 4 listed in that photo. I don't think we are in a mess... yet... And if it becomes a mess it is because republicans refuse to act on behalf of the will of the people. As I have said, the next election will change that. A mess is allowing corporations to not pay taxes and sucking all the tax revenue from the middle class. THAT! is a mess... Allowing big banks to simply spend people's money then ask the feds to bail them out. THAT is a mess. Yea we had banks spending the middle class's money then expecting the govt to bail them out on Bush's watch and Obama had to fix the broken system left over from Reagan deregulating the banks. The day Reagan deregulated the banks bank CEO's were writing themselves HUGE paychecks! And that continued up until nearly the collapse of Wall Street! Now we have republicans signing voter intimidation into law...
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:18 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

To me, it's more about whether the global corporate capitalism is working in the interests of ordinary people or not.

Who are these 'ordinary people' you speak of and what are their 'interests' exactly?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:20 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

I happen to have the utmost respect for the 4 listed in that photo.

You lost me right there... how can you respect those that have no respect for the country, the bill of rights or the constitution?
RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

msolga wrote:

To me, it's more about whether the global corporate capitalism is working in the interests of ordinary people or not.

Who are these 'ordinary people' you speak of and what are their 'interests' exactly?
The middle class are the ordinary people and their interests are simple, Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.. remember that? Versus corporate greed, overwrought christian legalism and the pursuit of buying our political government off for even more gain.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

RexRed wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

I happen to have the utmost respect for the 4 listed in that photo.

You lost me right there... how can you respect those that have no respect for the country, the bill of rights or the constitution?
No respect for what country? The country of the people, for the people and by the people or the country bought off by corporate greed?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 08:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

People like you & me, everywhere .... over-worked & underpaid workers in Chinese (& other) factories, people whose manufacturing industries have been closed down because they can't compete with cheap imports, people who are now out of work with little prospect of future employment, people whose environment is being destroyed by pollutants from factories where there are few government regulations about such things, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, ...
"Ordinary people's interests" are living decent lives, wherever they live.
RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 09:24 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:

People like you & me, everywhere .... over-worked & underpaid workers in Chinese (& other) factories, people whose manufacturing industries have been closed down because they can't compete with cheap imports, people who are now out of work with little prospect of future employment, people whose environment is being destroyed by pollutants from factories where there are few government regulations about such things, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, ...
"Ordinary people's interests" are living decent lives, wherever they live.
Thanks Msolga for a voice of sanity and reason.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 02:03 am
@RexRed,
Apart from my aforementioned gripe about British Petroleum, Obama is generally loved over here. On his last visit he gave a speech about common values that was worthy of Churchill. Dubya is universally despised.

What is it with Republicans and morons? Reagan, Dubya, Palin and now Bachman, all incredibly dense. And when they do put up someone smart it's Nixon. I suppose that's what happens when you're in thrall to the religious right, you have to make campaign promises based on some twisted fantasy, as opposed to reality.

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:54 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, there is a well orchestrated effort to bash & demonize republicans and conservatives while praising liberals, marxists, democrats and dictators.

The people despise being lied to by the media and they are very capable of seeing through the false hope put forth by liberals, marxists, democrats and dictators.

The people will rise up.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:58 am
@msolga,
You speak of slaves to liberal, democrat and marxists rulers as if I'm one of them, I'm not and people like me (self reliant & self employed) are everywhere... we are not slaves to liberal, democrat and marxists rulers like you and your ilk.