H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 09:56 am
Obamacare isn't Jesuscare.

Government has no business making the masses totally dependent on government for their daily needs.

The business of America is business.

The business of America is NOT government.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 10:05 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obamacare isn't Jesuscare.

Government has no business making the masses totally dependent on government for their daily needs.

The business of America is business.

The business of America is NOT government.
Government err, governs business.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 12:40 am
@H2O MAN,
Dont worry water man. When the conservatives finish rewriting the bible you can refer to the new text and prove all your fucked up ideas according to the right.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 05:02 am


Maxine Waters (D) Socialism for America
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 07:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're quite right Rex Jesus was a socialist, and unless you're a socialist too you can never call yourself a true Christian. You can't pick and choose something like this.
Paul the apostle was a communist and perhaps even Jesus. Yet the bible is contradictory at best where it also promotes the law of liberty which seems sorely lacking in a purely communist society. Perhaps the bible's ambiguity on the subject is the greatest best part of its character. A society with a little of each system of government, such as our own, may be the key to a free yet compassionate social fabric.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 04:41 pm
Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:57 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43116460/ns/world_news-europe/

Socialism is not wearing happy face in Spain these days.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 07:45 am
@RexRed,
You're right there, but I think this has more to due with the unequal economic situation in the EU. The wealthier North tends to prop up the South and East. I think what's happening in Spain has more to do with the failure of the Euro, than anything to do with Socialism. By the way Socialism and Communism are not the same thing. You could also argue that Communism has never really been tried out, both the Soviet Union and China were(are) dictatorships ruled over by an elite.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 08:16 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're right there, but I think this has more to due with the unequal economic situation in the EU. The wealthier North tends to prop up the South and East. I think what's happening in Spain has more to do with the failure of the Euro, than anything to do with Socialism. By the way Socialism and Communism are not the same thing. You could also argue that Communism has never really been tried out, both the Soviet Union and China were(are) dictatorships ruled over by an elite.
Hmmm, you seem very knowledgeable in this I hope you continue to add your point of view here Smile Thanks!
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 10:59 am
@RexRed,
Thank you, I do live in the UK, so I can give more of a European perspective. I'm afraid I don't know a great deal about American politics.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Thank you, I do live in the UK, so I can give more of a European perspective. I'm afraid I don't know a great deal about American politics.
Well your perspective is welcome, be it Europe, America or any other place, we are all underneath people with the same dreams and aspirations.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 10:48 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTrI4tU7oY&NR=1&feature=fvwp
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 11:42 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43419323

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43419377

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43419624
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:29 am
@RexRed,
We have a similar thing over here, CAP or common agricultural policy. These farming subsidies are the biggest bone of contention in developing countries. They would rather we stopped these subsidies than pay aid, thus allowing African and Latin American farmers to compete with European/American farmers on a level playing field.

Agricultural communities are traditionally right wing, there is a valid argument about food security, but it never ceases to amaze me that those in receipt of the largest agricultural subsidies tend to be the most critical of 'benefit/welfare scroungers.'

Industry has farmed off jobs to non-unionised overseas labour because their workforce is not so right wing, and the money stays with the big corporations, in a way that it can't with agriculture. I think the spread of GM crops has more to do with maximising profits for big business than anything to do with food security.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 09:24 pm
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2078121,00.html
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 10:04 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14090908
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 10:38 pm
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/07/08/are-our-politicians-forcing-a-revolution/
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:33 am
@RexRed,
Very interesting, there is a rise of a new aristocracy, the wealthy elite. In many respects they're even worse than the old ones. At lest the previous ruling dynasties accepted they had some responsibility for the welfare of their subjects. The current lot of oligarchs,( with a few high profile exceptions like Bill Gates) feel no such compunctions.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 04:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Very interesting, there is a rise of a new aristocracy, the wealthy elite. In many respects they're even worse than the old ones. At lest the previous ruling dynasties accepted they had some responsibility for the welfare of their subjects. The current lot of oligarchs,( with a few high profile exceptions like Bill Gates) feel no such compunctions.
I am glad you mentioned Bill (and Warren Buffet is a good guy too.)

I have always liked Bill (Generally even when my computer goes on the fritz!)

Ditto.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 04:11 am
@RexRed,
I think Charles Dickens' a Christmas Carol is more relevant than ever.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/29/2021 at 07:24:26