• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 757 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:19 pm
S ue

Note: the advertiser tries to create the impression of money (You will get money if you use this leagl service) by making the S look like a little like a dollar sign.
The buttons on a phone can be used to represent letter as well as numbers. 1 = ABC 2 = dDEF 3= GHI. like sending a txt message.
Do you have text messaging from mobile phones in china? I suppose you do.
oristarA

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:36 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

S ue

Note: the advertiser tries to create the impression of money (You will get money if you use this leagl service) by making the S look like a little like a dollar sign.
The buttons on a phone can be used to represent letter as well as numbers. 1 = ABC 2 = dDEF 3= GHI. like sending a txt message.
Do you have text messaging from mobile phones in china? I suppose you do.

I guessed it at the first sight: $UE = SUE.

What confused me: no phone number there, how do you make a call on the guy Jake Gorman? 555-1-$UE is not a number, after all. (SUE = 783?)

And, your reply gave me another puzzle. Don't you have to pay when you use a legal service? Do you expect an attorney will give you money when you "enjoy" his service?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:45 pm
Yes. SUE = 783
Quote:
And, your reply gave me another puzzle. Don't you have to pay when you use a legal service? Do you expect an attorney will give you money when you "enjoy" his service?

Do you not have automobile insurance in China? Shocked

All vehicals in the US (and Australia) are required to have insurance. If you run into someone and its your fault they can SUE for damages and costs essentially recovering their medical costs and a payment for damage to their vehical. In some cases a payment might be sought for pain and suffering not just medical costs. In other cases exempliary damages may be awarded. Exempliary damages are essentially an amount of money you must pay to the other party as a fine for "doing the wrong thing"

The greedy lawyer of course takes a piece of this money as his fee.
dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:50 pm
@dadpad,
I should clarify.
If a vehical/driver does not have insurance you would need to sue him to recover money.
if an insurance company did not of its own accord pay for the damage it may be necessary to sue.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:51 pm
I assume you understood that the phone number implies he will sue in court (I SUE) to get damages for his client. I'm not sure this is a real ad, because as far as I know 555 is a prefix reserved for phone company use and has no public users, unless they've changed things around--which is why any time someone uses a phone number in the movies or tv, it always starts 555, because those cannot be actual numbers.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:30 am
Got it.
Thank you guys.
0 Replies