I think that I really screwed up and my parents think I'm stupid?

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:41 pm
I had a friend (not anymore), she didn't treat me right, so I was posting questions about our friendship on a online question asking website. My now ex friend found these questions and even recently answered one of my questions about the friendship a few days ago, the avatar was her name. I don not take all the advice from that site and use it, but I do go on there to vent. I am the kind of person that is not confident about myself and since my dad always rubs in that I have no social skills I am afraid of telling him cause he will be all like its because you don't act right in front of people and they don't want to be your friend. Please help what do I do? Did I do something stupid by asking those questions? (I guess I asked them to get reassured that my friend wasn't really a friend).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 694 • Replies: 6
No top replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:48 pm
@TakingItToHeart,
Just forget about. I can't see any reason why you need to discuss it with your dad.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:51 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Be above all that stupidity, have confidence in yourself.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:11 pm
@TakingItToHeart,
You're fine. Best to ask your questions somewhere your identity isn't known, of course.
TakingItToHeart

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:17 pm
@roger,
I actually didn't think that I could be found. This was an anonymous place and I didn't even know she had an account.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:59 am
As long as you did not identify her in your on-line issue, you are well within your rights to speak your mind.

You asked a question and it was answered. That person chose to answer you.

You did nothing wrong.

Your father does not need to know EVERYTHING to do or think. Your are old enough to have some privacy. This is one of those times.

0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 01:34 am
@TakingItToHeart,
NO you are not stupid but you just need to mend your personality. Forget about what people say and make them realize that you are a true man. Show your parents that you have exceptionally well social skills. learn some good habits, join personality grooming classes. Whatever you do, do it with all ya spirit. succeed in whatever you do then people who have left you will come back on their own and your father too will feel proud.
0 Replies