Ex friend saw me asking questions on public forum? Her answer was weird

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:09 pm
I asked about her hurting me on a public question place, no I don't care if she sees it. I didn't notice before by the username is her name! I know its her cause her answer was "she'll find a way to make it up" or something along the line of that. I am willing to forgive her, but she'll never be a friend to me again. What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,081 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:24 pm
@TakingItToHeart,
I am willing to forgive her, but she'll never be a friend to me again.
You do realize that this statement is extremely contradictory right? That's not how forgiveness works.

Not knowing the specifics and what exactly was said to have been so hurtful, I'd say forgive her but be open with her of a few conditions to the friendship. If what she said was particularly terrible, put the friendship on a probationary period where she has to make up to you for her mistake while proving she can be trustworthy once again with your friendship and your feelings.
TakingItToHeart

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 10:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
i have a feeling that she lied to me big time and know that she will treat me like a convenient friend again if given the chance.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 10:24 pm
My policy wrt dishonest in friends is to forgive, but never forget. I keep them around as friends, but I don't entrust anything significant to them ever again.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:14 am
@TakingItToHeart,
1) Don't do anything. If she is going to make it up to you, then she will.

2) Don't post where your friend is likely to see it. If you want to have a conversation, have one. If you want anonymous advice, post where you are anonymous. If you want to have a public fight, take it to Facebook like everyone else.
TakingItToHeart

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:36 pm
@engineer,
I do not want a public fight, that's why I never posted anything that had to with my problems on facebook.
0 Replies