Does anyone here use friendster?

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:20 am
Have you heard of it?

What's your opinion on it?

Interested in networking with people on a2k as well that you like?

email: [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 05:21 am
what is it?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:36 am
Signed up and on occassion sign on but, hasnt been all that incredibly useful for me. I was hoping it would assist some single and looking friends however.
Its grown a great deal since it started.

Friendster is set up alot like a singles site but, gives you the opportunity to relate yourself with your friends, which adds their friends, and etc etc etc. You can also give testimonials on your friends. I think with the "6 Degrees of Seperation" type idea along with the testimonials, you get to know people who you might meet but, just havent so far and they know people you know so, its a better chance of them not being whackos.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:16 pm
I'm on there, quinn1 introduced me to it. I like it, but hardly ever visit it. It does good things sometimes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:28 pm
I'm on a similar one, Ringo. Actually found a few old friends, but that seems to be the main function so far.

Has anyone done Classmates.com? I did the free version recently but am annoyed that you have to pay to send email to specific people/ to get their email address. An astonishing percentage of my (HUGE) graduating class (H.S.) is signed up -- I'd say 80%. Several people I would like to contact. I'm hoping someone who has paid will see me and contact me instead. Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:08 pm
Funny you should ask Soz, I just joined classmates.com last weekend. A childhood friend got a hold of me through it and I finally caved. Too bad only a few of the people I REALLY want to find are on there.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:44 pm
I was on Classmates for two years and got in touch with quite a few friends from high school and college. I hope others now pay to contact me Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:46 pm
It's amazing how the people I want to find most are the hardest to find.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:52 pm
They're hiding from you

purposely

kidding! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:53 pm
Gasp!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 08:01 pm
Sorry 'bout that soz. They only way they can contact you is if they have a paid up membership, and I believe you would have to join to receive their messeges. I joined and didn't see anyone I wanted to hear from anyway.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 08:13 pm
Oh, I can't GET messages unless I pay?

Phooey.

<very cross expression>

Wait not sure about the pay/ join thing. I joined, but at the free level. Can't send anything, not sure if I can receive.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 08:14 pm
Actually, a friend of mine did contact me before I paid up. Maybe she got my email address from the MomNetwork, but I think it was from Calssmates. I'll ask her.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:28 pm
Yeah, think both parties have to pay. Im hoping more and more of them talk and if someone wants my email, they talk to someone else who already has it Smile
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:14 pm
I'm on both Friendster (thanks to Quinn) and Classmates but I've never paid for access to the "full" Classmates site.

I've gotten e-mails from a few people through Classmates.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:15 pm
Oh!

I'm just being shunned, then.

Sigh.

Razz
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:19 pm
Signed onto classmates.com about a year or so ago and heard from a very good friend who I hadn't seen nor spoken to since 1969! That was a blast.
Only one has to pay. The one doing the contacting. I still refuse to go for the gold, tho.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:20 pm
Nah! All of your old classmates are just to cheap to pay the membership fee too! Wink (I know a LOT of people that are listed on Classmates but none of them have paid... My guess is that very few ever do.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:22 pm
I think you're right, fishin'.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:16 am
wow, that's a lot of people on classmates.com . maybe i'll sign up too.

friendsters just started up and there are already tens of millions of peoples on it including several friends. i finally had to cave.

if you wish to contact me through friendsters user search, my email address is [email protected]
0 Replies