Bad Boyfriend how?

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:47 pm
My best friend has a boyfriend that I think is a loser. But since I might be bais I just wanted to have a top ten list from some girls about what makes a bad boyfriend. Then I can see if he is the list. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,273 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 12:16 am
Not again!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 01:14 pm
ooh didn't know that was coming (enter sarcasim at will, again)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 01:22 pm
Lots of things make for a "bad boyfriend". Hitting and verbal abuse should top most lists. As for the rest, a lot of it just, well, depends.

A guy who's very romantic might be wholly unable to balance his checkbook, and continually live in debt. A guy able to fix his girlfriend's car might be unable to be tender with her. A good dancer might be incapable of commitment. A guy who writes poetry might be a smooth talker who lies.

So you see there's more to it than just a list, although abuse is abuse in anyone's book and really can't be argued.

So, what is it that says to you that the guy's a loser? He might seem that way to you but treat your friend like gold. I'm sure there are people who think my Dad or my father-in-law or my husband aren't the coolest guys on the planet, but they're all stable, kind and loving men. So, I repeat, what's telling you that this guy's a loser?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:12 pm
I apreciate everyone wanting to help but I was really looking for silly list type thing. I really don't need serious answers. It is my fault I should have stated that. I know there can't be a list and I know the diffrince between personalities clashing and not good for the soul people. I was just looking for maybe a article on a web site. Something. Next time I will know that I have to specific in my request.

Oh and about the spelling - I can't. And the spell check is not working for me other wise I would.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:33 pm
Bad Boyfriends

1. He doesn't know what you're thinking and can't seem to read your mind.
2. He doesn't do what you say or want.
3. He doesn't shower you with compliments, gifts, massages, does the laundry, makes your dinner, yada yada yada.
4. He doesn't keep himself looking good for you - face, hair, body - without apparently trying or going to a gym, barber or other establishment to do so.
5. He doesn't call when you expect him to or when he says he will.
6. He doesn't give you control of the remote at least half of the time.
7. He ogles other women (either in front of you or when you are not around), or he cheats (punishable by severe pain and lots of it).
8. He farts and belches in front of you and doesn't even bother to be embarrassed any more.
9. He tells you that you are fat (or any words that even suggest in the slightest that your weight is anything more than svelte, even if you are a blimp). This is also punishable by severe pain.
10. He lets his mother/brother/friends say bad things (or even slightly not so good) about you and doesn't jump to your defense.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:35 pm
LOL Heeven
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 03:48 pm
jespah wrote:
Lots of things make for a "bad boyfriend". Hitting and verbal abuse should top most lists. As for the rest, a lot of it just, well, depends.

A guy who's very romantic might be wholly unable to balance his checkbook, and continually live in debt. A guy able to fix his girlfriend's car might be unable to be tender with her. A good dancer might be incapable of commitment. A guy who writes poetry might be a smooth talker who lies.

So you see there's more to it than just a list, although abuse is abuse in anyone's book and really can't be argued.

So, what is it that says to you that the guy's a loser? He might seem that way to you but treat your friend like gold. I'm sure there are people who think my Dad or my father-in-law or my husband aren't the coolest guys on the planet, but they're all stable, kind and loving men. So, I repeat, what's telling you that this guy's a loser?

Interesting post, jespah. On the first point, I wholeheartedly agree. Abuse of any sort requires intervention, IMO. Now....the second paragraph hangs itself on a sort of wimmins "wish list" for mates....romantic, able to make money, fix the car, be tender, commit and know the tango, write poetry, talk smooth and never lie. Although not stated in that exact manner, it could be extrapolated that if all the t's were crossed, and all the i's were dotted, that might make a perfect man, including a good bod and mug, of course. Don't get me started on psycho girlfriends who seem great at first and become nightmares in the end. Craziness is not exclusive to mins.

As for your conclusion, I concur, what exactly is it that BlueMonkey is bothered by, besides jealousy?

Oooh, just saw Heeven's list...I might add: He's human. Laughing
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 04:30 pm
That I am.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:53 pm
Re: Bad Boyfriend how?
BlueMonkey wrote:
My best friend has a boyfriend that I think is a loser. But since I might be bais I just wanted to have a top ten list from some girls about what makes a bad boyfriend. Then I can see if he is the list. Thanks.

Your best friend has a boyfriend.
What difference does it make if he's a bad boyfriend on someone else's list? As long as he's a good boyfriend using her list (if anyone really has such a thing) - well, then that's that. It's her choice, no one else's.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 06:55 pm
Hmmm.....interesting.......I'm writing a book about this very same subject.

I also have a friend who is about to marry a very abusive person, and you know what? I'm not saying one single word to prevent it.

People choose abusive partners because they're doomed to live out a repeat-performance of their child-parent relationship. There's nothing you can do about it.

0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 08:22 pm
Re: Bad Boyfriend how?
ehBeth wrote:
Your best friend has a boyfriend.
What difference does it make if he's a bad boyfriend on someone else's list? As long as he's a good boyfriend using her list (if anyone really has such a thing) - well, then that's that. It's her choice, no one else's.

This may be true but no one lives by that. Everyone can claime that they alow everyone to do whatever they want because it is their choice, but I say yeah right. So your friend decides to jump off the bridge you let them because it is their life and they are allowed to jump off the bridge and commit suicide? If you would do that then I will alow her to fall for a guy that doesn't need to be married, considering he does comment on other girls while she is standing there, even toiuches them. Oh and he is abusive. But if you allow your friend to jump off the bridge without saying, "Don't" I will allow her to kill herself via someone else's hands. What say you?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 08:26 pm
See you ruined my mood. I was looking for funny. I didn't need to be reminded of the evil that lurks the corners of my life. But thank you for considering someone else. Very polite of you. Maybe.
0 Replies