leg oedema and dark skin

AMOL

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 01:31 pm
my mother, 60+, suffers from oedema in legs from bellow knee to bellow ankel. skin is also completely blackish dark. some small red spots appear in still fare skin area. both legs affected. not much pain. fingures of feet are curved towards large toe. psychologically broken confidance, extreamly emotional. problem is for last 4 to 5 years. doctors as usual don't know much about its dignosis. but give some funny medicines like vitaMINS, IRON, MINERALS, CALCIUM ETC. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I WANT TO SEE HER OUT OF THIS CONDITION
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,799 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:16 pm
@AMOL,
Where does she live? What type of doctors has she been to? What tests have they already done on her?

Does she have heart problems? Is she diabetic?
AMOL

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:42 am
@Butrflynet,
in konkan, a west costal area, india we live. my mother is dibetic 1 year, hypertensive 10 yrs. she had undergone tests like USG. she is extreamly fobic to see doctors. may be she think that they may tell some BIG disease which will burden me. we try to convience her but she is too emotional also. she is happy when docs tell that there is nothing wrong. but same thing irritates me that if nothing is wrong, then why this problem she is suffering?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 05:57 pm
@AMOL,
Is she using insulin?

The symptoms sound like some of the later stages of uncontrolled diabetes.
0 Replies